DescriptionThe alien Red Falcon is back, and planning on taking over the planet Earth. Now it's up to Scorpion and Mad Dog to battle through five levels and save the planet.
Super Contra is the sequel to Contra. Gameplay is a combination of side scrolling/platform and top down view. There is a wide variety of enemies to defeat, starting with earthly locations, and progressing to more alien. To help out, weapon upgrades can be found as the game progresses. Two players can play simultaneously, or one player can attempt to take on Red Falcon himself.
- "SUPER 魂斗羅 エイリアンの逆襲" -- Japanese arcade spelling
- "SUPER 魂斗羅" -- Famicom Japanese spelling
- "Super Contra: Alien no Gyakushu" -- Japanese arcade title
- "Super C" -- US Amiga/DOS/NES title
- "Probotector II: Return of the Evil Forces" -- European NES title
- "スーパーコントラ" -- Japanese Famicom spelling (alternate)
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|The Video Game Critic||NES||Oct 31, 2005||A||100|
|Retro Game Age||NES||Mar 30, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games||NES||Aug, 1992||89 out of 100||89|
|Nintendo Life||Wii||Aug 28, 2007||80|
|Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library||NES||2016||80|
|All Game Guide||NES||1998||80|
|TeamXbox||Xbox 360||Jul 26, 2007||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GamesRadar||Xbox 360||Aug 01, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|IGN||Xbox 360||Jul 26, 2007||5.7 out of 10||57|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Xbox 360||Jul 28, 2007||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
European versionThe European NES version of this game underwent censorship, changing all human-looking enemies and the main characters into robots.
Version differencesThe NES port makes considerable changes to the game's levels, missing the fourth stage and some bosses entirely, but adding four new stages complete with new bosses. It also loses the weapon upgrade mechanic.
Related Web Sites
- Contra Encyclopedia (Fan site dedicated to the official games in the Contra series. All versions of each game are covered. Information includes release dates, detailed game descriptions, regional differences, lots of trivia and interesting information about the games' developmental stages. There is also plenty of screenshots, links and additional resources)
- Howard & Nester do Super C (A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In the July/August 1990 two-page installment, they help Mad Dog and Scorpion get past falling boulders.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Super Contra.)
Cover Artwork by: