Forums > Game Forums > Super Dodge Ball > PC Engine version

Freeman (65090) on 3/14/2019 11:11 PM · Permalink · Report

We currently list KID Corp. as the developer of the PC Engine version. That's based on this link. However, GDRI published a list of games developed by Atlus as a contract developer (taken from here) which lists 'Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball-bu: PC Bangai-hen' for Naxat.

Can we conclude, then, that Atlus was actually the developer?

Rik Hideto (473490) on 3/15/2019 1:12 PM · Permalink · Report

There's also A.I Co., Ltd.

Freeman (65090) on 3/15/2019 5:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Did AI even exist at the time? We (and GDRI) have 'Incorporated in July 1990', but Super Dodge Ball came out in March 1990.

Also, what about KID? I don't know how accurate the link I posted was but I see that GDRI doesn't list this as one of KID's titles.

Deleted (15788) on 3/15/2019 8:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

According to this interview with the developers from dB-SOFT, Hudson would license games from other companies, subcontract developers to port them to the PC Engine, and then arrange a third-party publisher to release and market them. It's quite possible that KID had nothing to do with this game.

Freeman (65090) on 3/20/2019 6:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I'll submit a correction, then, to replace KID with Atlus since we have official confirmation of the latter. We can always add AI later if something comes up, but the dates seem off for that.