DescriptionMario takes to the skies and beyond in another outing to save the Princess. As the Mushroom Kingdom prepares to celebrate the arrival of a comet that appears in the skies every hundred years, Princess Peach sends Mario an invitation to attend. As Mario arrives, Bowser and minions attack the Kingdom and once again kidnap the Princess... and her entire castle. Mario gives chase but is lost as the ship leaves the atmosphere and ends up on a space station built on the visiting comet overseen by the mysterious Rosalina. It's up to Mario to brave new galaxies, find the elusive Power Stars, and bring his friends home.
Super Mario Galaxy plays similarly to Super Mario 64, as Mario explores his latest 3D world defying gravity, crossing various terrains, and even running upside down across the planet surfaces. Bouncing from planet to planet, Mario must collect Star Bits and coins, using his usual jump attacks and spins (now controlled with movement from the Wii Remote). The Wii Remote is also used to collect out of reach Star Bits and also can be controlled by a second player.
In addition, Mario can find new suits (similar to Super Mario Bros. 3) that give him the ability to turn into the ghostly Boo Mario, the high-flying Bee Mario, launch fireballs as Fire Mario and skate across frozen lakes as Ice Mario. New challenges also await Mario including ray surfing, balancing on a high-speed ball, floating inside bubbles, and other challenges in his quest to get all 120 stars. Even Luigi lends a hand in the search, making valuable contributions to the adventure.
Players can also take a snapshot of the worlds they've completed along with their best record times and send them to their friends via Wi-Fi.
- "슈퍼 마리오 Wii 갤럭시 어드벤처" -- Korean spelling (Hangul)
- "Super Mario Wii: Galaxy Adventure" -- Korean title
- "SMG" -- Common abbreviation
- "スーパーマリオギャラクシー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Mario games
- Nintendo Selects releases
- Super Mario Galaxy series
- Super Mario series
|Yahoo! Games||Wii||Nov 08, 2007||100|
|411mania.com||Wii||Dec 05, 2007||10 out of 10||100|
|Good Game||Wii||Nov 27, 2007||9.5 out of 10||95|
|ripten||Wii||Nov 14, 2007||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Nintendo Front||Wii||Nov 24, 2007||95 out of 100||95|
|GameCola.net||Wii||Feb, 2008||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Computer Bild Spiele||Wii||Dec 05, 2007||1.42 out of 6||92|
|The A.V. Club||Wii||Nov 26, 2007||A-||91|
|InsideGamer||Wii||Nov 05, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Diehard GameFan||Wii||Nov 21, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|About Super Mario Galazy||1||RICHARDSON ODION
Dec 28, 2012
1001 Video GamesSuper Mario Galaxy appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
CoverIn the fall of 2007, it was discovered that certain letters on the box cover are marked with stars, and they spell the phrase "UR MR GAY" (you're mr. gay). The question is, how did this get past Nintendo's proofreaders?
ReferencesThe airships from Super Mario Bros. 3 make an appearance complete with the original music.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Super Mario Galaxy sold 12.59 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).
- GAME British Academy Video Games Awards
- 2009 - Best Game
- GamePro (Germany)
- March 28, 2008) - Best Console Game in 2007
- 2007 – #4 Game of the Year
- 2007 – #3 Console Game of the Year
- 2007 – Wii Game of the Year
- 2007 – Wii Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2007 – Wii Platformer of the Year
- Official Nintendo Magazine
- 2010 - Game of the Decade 2000-2009
Related Web Sites
- Iwata Asks - Super Mario Galaxy (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews Yoshiaki Koizumi & Takao Shimizu of Nintendo's EAD Tokyo division.)
- Super Mario Galaxy (Official game website)
- Super Mario Wiki game page (Super Mario Galaxy article at Super Mario Wiki.)
- Understanding The Fun of Super Mario Galaxy (in-depth article on Gamasutra (1st February 2008))
- Wikipedia: Super Mario Galaxy (Article in the open encyclopedia)
Game Design Concept: