DescriptionIn this SNES sequel to the arcade R-Type shooters, you are the R-9, Earth's most advanced form of defense against the evil BYDO Empire. There are seven stages you must go through, picking up power-up items to defeat the stage bosses which have returned from the arcade versions of R-Type and R-Type II. Your R-9 ship can also be united with FORCE, which are invincible units that surround your ship to protect you and can also power up and attack.
There are no promo images for this game
- "スーパー・アールタイプ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||SNES||Sep, 1991||91 out of 100||91|
|VideoGame||SNES||Feb, 1992||9 out of 10||90|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||SNES||Sep, 1991||890 out of 1000||89|
|N-Force||SNES||Jun, 1992||87 out of 100||87|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Wii||Sep 16, 2011||16 out of 20||80|
|Interface||SNES||1992||76 out of 100||76|
|Play Time||SNES||Sep, 1992||69 out of 100||69|
|Power Play||SNES||Oct, 1991||61 out of 100||61|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Wii||Mar 25, 2008||4 out of 10||40|
|HonestGamers||SNES||Jan 13, 2004||3 out of 10||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicIn the credits, there is a track listing for all the songs in the game. It is as follows:
- Start: R-9, To The Front
- Stage 1: Solo Sortie
- Stage 2: Counterattack '91
- Stage 3: As Wet As A Fish
- Stage 4: A Submerging Titan
- Stage 5: Dream Of A Labyrinth
- Stage 6: R Dance
- Stage 7: National Anthem Of Bydo Empire
- Boss Stage: Return Of The Creature
- Ending: Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 1) and
- Escape From The Bydo Empire (Part 2)
- Novice Mode Ending: Try Harder!
- Stage Clearance: To The Next Zone!
- Game Over: A Combat Is Over
- Continue: Blast Rock
RemixSuper R-Type is actually a slight remix of R-Type II, with a couple of new enemies and stages tossed in.
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai