Not an American user?
DescriptionIn the fourth game of the venerable SWAT series, you play as a Special Weapons and Tactics element commander at a fictional police department. Using realistic SWAT tactics, you must command your four man team to deal with high risk situations while minimizing casualties. But this is not a game for the itchy trigger finger. You must follow strict rules of engagement, and shooting a suspect before he or she points a gun at someone will cost you.
Using a variety of weapons, such as standard assault rifles or less lethal weapons ranging from beanbag shotguns to Tazers to modified paintball guns that shoot pepper spray balls, you can maneuver the two man squads that make up your five man (including you) element independently or together, as well as get useful recon from snipers (who you can control through a picture-in-picture interface).
The game has a single player career mode as well as an Instant Action mode that generates a random mission using an existing map. You can also customize objectives for a single player mission. Multiplayer includes team-based SWAT vs. suspects games as well as cooperative play with up to five players.
- "霹雳小组4" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "迅雷先鋒4" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine2
- BestSeller Series (Cendant / Havas / Vivendi Universal) releases
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Games with downloadable official map/level editors
- Games with dynamic advertisements
- Genre: Tactical shooter
- Physics Engine: Havok
- SWAT series
- Theme: Law enforcement
|You're in my way, sir.||Kyle Levesque (935)|
|Pelit||Apr, 2005||90 out of 100||90|
|IGN||Mar 30, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||May 17, 2005||88 out of 100||88|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Apr 14, 2005||87 out of 100||87|
|Game Informer Magazine||May, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 05, 2005||17 out of 20||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr 12, 2005||84 out of 100||84|
|Game Informer Magazine||May, 2005||8.25 out of 10||82|
|Factornews||Apr 27, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GamePro (US)||Apr 08, 2005||4 out of 5||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesSWAT 4 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
LAPDUnlike previous games in the SWAT series, SWAT 4 is not based on or endorsed by Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD).
- Your briefing sergeant, Sonny Bonds, is the protagonist of the Police Quest series, which the original SWAT was a spin-off of.
- The parking garage level includes an arcade machine in the employee lounge that features Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich, another Irrational game released at the same time.
- 2005 – #9 PC Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Online advertising for the gamer generation (An explanation of the in-game mechanics of the Massive streaming ads (added with the 1.1 patch))
- SWAT4: Official Site (The official site for the game.)
Zack Green (1186) added SWAT 4 (Windows) on Apr 08, 2005
Credits (227 people)
197 developers, 30 thanks
John Abercrombie, Terrance Cohen, Carlos Cuello, Michael C. James, Dan Kaplan, Christopher Kline, Darren LaFreniereAdditional Programming:
Steven Kimura, Joseph Kowalski, Sean Lattrell, Shawn Robertson, Mauricio Tejerina, Jed Wahl, Nathan WellsAdditional Art: