🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Final Fantasy VII > Amazing. Simply amazing. The price I mean.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/26/2009 3:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

EEERRRGGG ! I've looked on Ebay and Amazon, and the prices for this game are outragous ! (Unless it's a bid, but I'm kinda the impatient when it comes to bidding.) I mean, when the game has a Greatest Hits release, I don't think there's any need to price it at 60+ bucks ! What's even more outragous is people selling individual disks, and the case SEPERATELY. I know very well how highly regarded this games is, but what's with the prices ? Since I don't play many RPGs, is there something I'm not aware of ?

formercontrib (157510) on 5/26/2009 4:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Long ago i sold FF7 and 8 for PC sometimes for more than 80 EUROS, hehe :)

Dae (7182) on 5/26/2009 7:17 PM · Permalink · Report

That's not as bad as the PAL Collector's Edition of Symphony of the Night which usually goes from 100 to 150€. Though I wouldn't pay either 60€ for FF7 or 150€ for SotN.

Indra was here (20755) on 5/26/2009 7:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--]Since I don't play many RPGs, is there something I'm not aware of ?[/Q --end DANIEL HAWKS ! wrote--] As far as RPGs go, spesifcially JRPGs, Final Fantasy VII makes the Ultima series look like Tomb Raider. Fanbois would die for this game. And considering the game, very much worth dying for (from an FF fanboi perspective).

vedder (70822) on 5/26/2009 8:42 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Final Fantasy VII makes the Ultima series look like Tomb Raider.[/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean :S

Indra was here (20755) on 5/27/2009 7:15 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start stvedder wrote--] [Q2 --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] Final Fantasy VII makes the Ultima series look like Tomb Raider. [/Q2 --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean :S [/Q --end stvedder wrote--] Oh, I have a thing against tomb raider. I can't take a game seriously, when I'm focusing on something else in the game other than the gameplay. :p

Boing!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/26/2009 9:00 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--] As far as RPGs go, spesifcially JRPGs, Final Fantasy VII makes the Ultima series look like Tomb Raider. Fanbois would die for this game.[/Q --end Indra Depari of 'da Clan Depari wrote--]

Then fanboys are very very very very very very very, huh, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy stupid for paying that much for a game that's widely avaible.

DreinIX (10446) on 5/27/2009 7:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Think of it from that perspective. Wouldn't you pay as much as they asked for a game that you didn't have and must absolutely had to have in your collection? Perhaps no. But if yes that's exactly where sellers find a place to set their black market business and pirate your pockets. Especially with games that achieve "legendary" status either because they were/are considered great, because their sequels have become mainstream/widely known and the older games come out of obscurity or for any other reason you can think of.

The case with 7 is indeed a little stupid because and although I don't know how widely available it is I'm sure that at least the platinum/greatest hits release can still be found in some stores. Of course the black label is a totally different story.

And since you mentioned stupidity there's a guy on ebay that sells Persona and Persona 2 for 200+ bucks more or less. I swear if I had them I'd just give them. No regrets either.

Foxhack (32100) on 5/27/2009 7:27 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DreinIX wrote--]And since you mentioned stupidity there's a guy on ebay that sells Persona and Persona 2 for 200+ bucks more or less. I swear if I had them I'd just give them. No regrets either. [/Q --end DreinIX wrote--]You know what's funny? Persona 2 sat on Gamestop shelves for years. NOBODY bought the damn game. It wasn't until Persona 3 came out that the prices skyrocketed.

DreinIX (10446) on 5/27/2009 8:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q2 --start DreinIX wrote--]And since you mentioned stupidity there's a guy on ebay that sells Persona and Persona 2 for 200+ bucks more or less. I swear if I had them I'd just give them. No regrets either. [/Q2 --end DreinIX wrote--]You know what's funny? Persona 2 sat on Gamestop shelves for years. NOBODY bought the damn game. It wasn't until Persona 3 came out that the prices skyrocketed. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

Lol. Yeah, there's one of the obscure games I mentioned earlier.

What annoys me most is that some games I could have heard about and probably bought back then if they were released in Europe too.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 5/27/2009 11:54 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kit Silva wrote--] [Q2 --start DreinIX wrote--]And since you mentioned stupidity there's a guy on ebay that sells Persona and Persona 2 for 200+ bucks more or less. I swear if I had them I'd just give them. No regrets either. [/Q2 --end DreinIX wrote--]You know what's funny? Persona 2 sat on Gamestop shelves for years. NOBODY bought the damn game. It wasn't until Persona 3 came out that the prices skyrocketed. [/Q --end Kit Silva wrote--]

I could have easily picked FFVII at GameStop back in '05 for about 20 bucks. But I had just gotten my PS1 and didn't have that much money most of the time. Sigh.

Edit-OOHHH ! And Chrono Cross ! AND VAGRANT STORY ! I feel dizzy...

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 5/29/2009 6:21 AM · Permalink · Report

You know what's funny? Persona 2 sat on Gamestop shelves for years. NOBODY bought the damn game. It wasn't until Persona 3 came out that the prices skyrocketed.

It's funny and ironic, because Persona 2 is way better than Persona 3. P2 is a classic serious Megaten game, while P3 is... I dunno... Megaten for teenagers.

But I'm thankful to P3 if it helped people to pay attention to P2.

vedder (70822) on 5/27/2009 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

I would rather pay €50 for an secondhand older game in its original box with manual etc. Than pay €5 for the same game in some budget release with pdf manual. In fact I have done that on various occasions.

Haoie on 6/3/2009 8:53 PM · Permalink · Report

In NZ, FF7's price is around, $50-70 NZD used.

That comes to around $36 US give or take.

Not too bad I suppose.