Not an American user?
Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Fight monsters and free the ancient city with your enchanted talking sword!
You’re a common orphan scraping a living on the streets of Targas Adur—a city older than memory, full of dark corners and darker magics, ruled by a merciless Sorcerer King, Demorgon. While exploring one of those dark corners, you stumble upon...the sword, an ancient weapon of power. And it can talk, in a voice only you can hear.
Sword of the Slayer is 185,000-word interactive fantasy novel by S. Andrew Swann, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Dark creatures do as Demorgon bids, and his royal guard keeps order with an iron fist. All gods and temples are suppressed except for his own Dark Tabernacle. But with the re-emergence of the sword, Demorgon’s power may be waning. Evil monsters invade the city, and sections of Targas Adur have fallen to their influence. It’s up to you to slay them.
You must train yourself in sword-fighting to protect the ones you love, as you battle the demons of Targas Adur, including the dread White Wyrm. Thrust into the role of monster-slayer, you find yourself the focus of decadent nobles who want to return to power, devoted monks who want to see the gods return to the city, and—most troubling—you now have the attention of the Sorcerer King himself.
Will you become a foe of the monsters, a threat to Sorcerer King’s regime, or a hope for the forces trying to bring down his rule? Or will you give yourself over to the sword, losing control of your mind and body?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual
- Rise from the gutter to the highest level of power
- Support the gods, the nobles, or a rival sorcerer for the rule of the ancient city
- Bring back the gods or fight the Great White Wyrm when you enter the Dark Tabernacle
- Make allies in your quest to free the city
- Protect your childhood friend, and your swordsman trainer from capture and death
- Face monsters of all sorts, up to the Sorcerer King himself
- Save your place before a chapter and you can return to that point after the story’s end and try a different set of choices
An enchanted sword. An ancient evil. A hero waits.
There are no user screenshots for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Sword of the Slayer (official website)
Contributed to by Pseudo_Intellectual (64686)
Windows Credits (38 people)
Alicia Gugele, Andy Ling, Angelina Smith, Aphrodite Nikou, Anni Zhang, Dean Chua, Ramidel, Clement Chan, Brittany Martin, Daniel Durbin, Eric Thomas, Jim Ross‑Drummond, Gloves Belanger, Haveiszal Faroqie, Sarah Levy, Benjamin Paull, Jeron Asis, Gabrielle Brown, Talha Mahmood, Rusty Shackleford, Leon Drake, Laurel Davidson, Ian Crider, Peter Kent