Not an American user?
DescriptionTalvisota: Icy Hell is an RTS re-enactment of the Winter War. Including campaigns for both Russian and the Finnish, you can partake in the faithfully re-enacted events of the Winter War.
Unlike usual RTSes, Talvisota: Icy Hell does not have any resource management but instead, it concentrates solely on the strategy aspect. The game is mouse-controlled with keyboard shortcuts like any other modern RTS. Realism has been taken into account as you can only take out enemy tanks with other tanks or specialized anti-tank units. Building units is out of the question, as you have to deal with what you're given in the beginning of the mission, but completing side-missions can rank you up and give you additional units to work with.
The missions are redrawn from real events and you are given historical lessons during missions as introductions to the missions. Talvisota: Icy Hell does not have multiplay support.
- "Talvisota: Ледяной ад" -- Russian title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Dec 26, 2007||67 out of 100||67|
|Pelit||Dec, 2008||66 out of 100||66|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Trivia- Talvisota: Icy Hell is based on Blitzkrieg by Nival Interactive.
- The game was in development since 2004 and ready in 2005, but due to problems finding a publisher it wasn't released until 2007.
- The full version of the game was released as a free download by the developer on November 30, 2005, the day when the war between the Soviet Union and Finland had started.
Related Web Sites
- Talvisota: Icy Hell -- Official Finnish site
- Talvisota: Ледяной ад -- Game's page at 1C Company website.
- Talvisota: Ледяной ад -- Official Russian site
Daedolon (2984) added Talvisota: Icy Hell (Windows) on Nov 21, 2008
Blitzfront Game StudioProject Manager:
Edward Moskalenko (Akella)Producer:
Mikko Vedru (mixer)Unit Modeling & Texturing:
Sergey Malyshkin (SovietMan), Andrei Kravtsov (Konrad Karlovitch), Alexey Kozlov (jefolzok), Stanislav Fokin (Hunter)Building Models:
Alexey Kozlov (jefolzok)Landscape Details:
Aleksey Zhizhin (Lehal1979), Vitalius Kryssin (Vetal), Ilpo Helismaa (Steelwedge), Aleksey Sukhoruchko (Xor)Game Scenario & Mission Briefings:
Anton Kurchatkin (Heavy)Medals and Awards:
Stanislav Fokin (Hunter)User Interface Design:
Ivan Kondakov (Vanok), Alexey Kozlov (jefolzok), Vitalius Kryssin (Vetal), Edward Moskalenko (Akella)