missing cover art
DescriptionThis iteration of the Tamagotchi virtual pet sticks to the same general formula as its predecessors; the player is charged with caring for a virtual creature and attending to its needs. This includes feeding the pet, cleaning up after its messes, giving it discipline and praise as appropriate, and keeping it entertained with games. The pet starts off as an egg, and will progress through several stages of life until it dies or reproduces. Depending on the creature's gender and how well it is cared for, it may develop into a number of different forms as it grows older.
This Tamagotchi release is the first one to allow multiplayer, which is accomplished by connecting two devices via the infrared port on top. The two Tamagotchi pets will then either exchange gifts, or play a competitive mini-game against each other. Afterwards, the two will be registered into one another's friend lists. The more two specific pets connect with one another, the more affection will build between them. Two adults of the opposite gender may fall in love and produce offspring if they reach a high enough affection level. At that point, the adult creatures will disappear, leaving the players to care for the new babies.
There are no Dedicated handheld user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Should we hold separate entries for each version of Tamagotchi Connect?||1||piltdown_man (155676)
Apr 21, 2019
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Tamagotchi Connection (official website)
- Project Tana Shell (This site attempts to list all Tamagotchi variants by version. It has an impressive set of pictures.)
- Tamagochi Connection Fan Site (The site seems to work better with Internet Explorer. Flash player is needed.
The link goes to the site's home page. Down the left are a series of tabs which open the following sections;
- Facts/Tips: Additional information on Tamagochi care
- Details of all the Tamagochi characters
- Logs: Diaries of a Tamagochi owner
- Gallery: Mostly images of US & Hong Kong packaging.
- News: Press releases from 2004, 2006 & 2007
- Manual: The full manual for the device together with;
- a link to instructions in Japanese
- the codes for version 3 of the Tamagochi connection which allow the player to echange points for in-game bonus items
- and the US/English caring guide
- History: A very short account of the game
- FAQ: Various 'How To' guides
- Games: two on-line games TamaBlocks and Tamagochi Slots both require Flash Player 6
- Wallpapers: Two pictures each available in four sizes
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.