Not an American user?
DescriptionA space simulation with elements from a number of other genres mixed in. Your mission is to destroy a robot army that has taken over a planet. Gameplay includes arcade sequences, where you fly your ship around and shoot the enemy robots; strategy elements, as you attempt to navigate and locate parts to repair the defense system; and even text-adventure elements, in the form of giving commands to your ship's computer.
- "Tau-Ceti: The Lost Star Colony" -- Alternate spelling
- "Tau-Ceti" -- UK media title
- "Tau Ceti" -- UK / Australian title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Popular Computing Weekly||ZX Spectrum||Nov 14, 1985||100|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Nov, 1988||93 out of 100||93|
|64'er||Commodore 64||Jan, 1989||13 out of 15||87|
|64'er||Commodore 64||Aug, 1986||13 out of 15||87|
|The Games Machine (UK)||DOS||Dec, 1987||87 out of 100||87|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||1986||87 out of 100||87|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Jul, 1986||80|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||Apr, 1986||Unscored||Unscored|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||DOS||Sep, 1987||Unscored||Unscored|
|Happy Computer||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1986||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SequelJohn Twiddy, the Commodore 64 programmer saw the potential of a sequel using techniques from Encounter to make the game better than the original Tau Ceti. The game was going to be called 'Attack on Centralis' but CRL turned it down due to an official sequel from Pete Cooke called Academy being programmed.
Spectrum packagingThe Spectrum version comes in unusually shaped and slightly unwieldy packaging, which makes complete copies in good condition quite rare. They have been known to sell for over £30 on eBay.
- Commodore Format
- July 1991 (Issue 10) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Computer Gamer
- February 1986 (issue #17) - Included in the list Spectrum Collection (the best Spectrum ZX games since 1985 by editorial staff choice)
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Runner-up as Action Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #18 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Icemark Tau Ceti Page (Contains the full instructions plus controls. For the Spectrum version, but it should be much the same for other versions.)
ZX Spectrum Credits (1 people)