Not an American user?
DescriptionTempest 2000 is a remake/upgrade of the popular Atari vector graphics-based shooter.
Blast your way through over 100+ levels, shooting the creatures that come out from the other side of the web to drag you in. Collect power-ups (jump, AI robots and more) to trippy graphics and colorful explosions as a thumping techno-house soundtrack blasts in the background.
Collect enough bonuses, and be subjected to two different types of bonus rounds as you navigate through rings, or try to ride a spiral tube.
Also included in the gameplay is an intense two-player mode to team up with or go head to head against another player, or even play a version of the original arcade game. There are four modes of gameplay in all: Traditional Tempest, Tempest Duel, Tempest Plus and Tempest 2000.
Face the web....
- "テンペスト2000" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Atari ST User||Jaguar||Sep, 1994||93 out of 100||93|
|Sega-16.com||SEGA Saturn||Dec 31, 2017||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Players||Jaguar||Nov, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Mega Fun||Jaguar||Sep, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Play Time||Jaguar||May 04, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Jaguar||Apr, 1994||34 out of 40||85|
|All Game Guide||SEGA Saturn||1998||80|
|PC Action (Germany)||DOS||Feb, 1996||75 out of 100||75|
|Power Play||DOS||Feb, 1996||68 out of 100||68|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Feb, 1996||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Jaguar version of Tempest 2000 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
SoundtrackAt the time of its release, the music to Tempest 2000 was so popular, that gamers could purchase the CD soundtrack directly from Atari.
Tempest X3Tempest 2000 developer Jeff Minter reviewed the PlayStation port (he didn't do it) on his website. (see the Jan. 12, 1997 posting)
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- April 1994 (Issue 57) - Game of the Month
- GameFan Magazine
- 1994 (Vol 3, Iss. 1) - named the Best Jaguar Arcade Game of the Year (Megawards)
- Game Informer Magazine
- August 2001 (Issue 100) - voted #56 in the Top 100 Games of All Time poll
- VideoGames Magazine
- March 1995 - Best Music for a Cartridge Game (Jaguar version)
- March 1995 - Best Shooter (Jaguar version)
Related Web Sites
- Video review of Atari Jaguar games (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews Atari Jaguar games, including Tempest 2000 on Jaguar.)
- Wikipedia: Tempest 2000 (Information about Tempest 2000 at Wikipedia)
Jaguar Credits (17 people)
Joe Sousa, Andrew Keim, Hank Cappa, Lance J. Lewis, Dan McNamee, Scott Hunter, Tom Gillen, Sean PattenDocumentation: