DescriptionIt is 16th century Japan and you are one of two ninja employed by Lord Gohda, an uniquely compassionate samurai lord. As either Rikimaru or Ayame, you must proceed through your assigned quests, at first dispatching the amoral and unsavory folk in your lord's domain. As the game progresses, you will come face to face with greater threats from tengu goblins and oni demons.
A full 3D game in the Tomb Raider spirit, Tenchu focuses on stealth and attacking unseen over straight action. Not being spotted leads to higher scores and better equipment. To aid in this, you can not only creep about and hug walls, but also use your grappling hook.
Scenery is diverse, from Japanese castles to mountain retreats, each with their own types of opponents and soundtrack. Game engine cutscenes push the story forward, which various slightly for each of the two ninja.
There are no promo images for this game
- "立体忍者活劇 天誅 忍凱旋" -- Japanese re-release spelling
- "立体忍者活劇 天誅" -- Japanese spelling
- "天诛" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Rittai Ninja Katsugeki Tenchū: Shinobi-Gaisen" -- Japanese re-release title
- "Rittai Ninja Katsugeki Tenchū" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Tenchu series
- Theme: Ninjas
|Very simple stealth game.||hribek (41)|
|Game Revolution||Sep 01, 1998||A||100|
|GameSurge||1998||90 out of 100||90|
|Video Games||Oct, 1998||89 out of 100||89|
|CyberGames||Sep 28, 1998||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Power Unlimited||Oct, 1998||8.4 out of 10||84|
|GameSpot||Mar 25, 1998||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Mega Fun||Apr, 1998||79 out of 100||79|
|Mygamer.com||Jan 16, 2005||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 12, 2011||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaBanned in Germany (31.03.99)
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)