Not an American user?
DescriptionTetris Elements is the second Tetris game published by THQ and like the first one, Tetris Worlds, it consists of six different variations of the original Tetris gameplay. Like in Tetris Worlds there is a hold option which means that the player can choose to save a block for later use. The classic mode plays just like the original Tetris formula but the others differ by adding various elements that affects the gameplay:
- Earthquake: This is a cascade version of Tetris where blocks remaining after a line has been cleared will fall down into empty cells below. Playing the game slowly will lead to earthquakes that shake the screen and creates fault lines and garbage that make it harder to clear the screen.
- Fire: Here the hard drop key can be used to superheat blocks. By doing this with enough of them in one row it's possible to explode them and cause chain reactions that can clear as many as eight lines at once.
- Ice: Icicles in two different sizes will form at the top of the screen and once they reach their maximum size they will crack off and and fall down. Small falling icicles will capture any falling blocks and drive it through the locked blocks at the bottom. When the larger icicles fall they will leave a layer of unbreakable white blocks. This layer can only be removed by clearing the line directly below it.
- Stratosphere: In this mode various meteors will appear after lines are cleared. There are four different ones: green which leaves random garbage blocks, red which destroys blocks as it ricochets off them, blue which destroys bricks but breaks through them and white which destroys all the blocks on the playing field.
- Tempest: This mode features two playing field which are attached to a windmill. Gusts of wind turns the windmill and the playing fields will be swapped. When using the hold feature the current block will be passed to the other playing field.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|About This Particular Macintosh||Macintosh||Apr, 2005||80|
|GameZone||Windows||Dec 09, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Contributed to by Kabushi (248920)
Windows Credits (15 people)