missing cover art
DescriptionBallyhoo is a mystery text adventure in which you play a disillusioned circus goer who decides to help find the owner's kidnapped daughter.
Gameplay involves searching for clues in the circus arena, the tents and other back areas trying to locate the girl. The game features a "Standard" difficulty level.
The original Commodore 64 Grey Box Contents included:
- The Traveling Circus That Time Forgot Inc. Official Souvenir Program
- Circus Ticket (Sec.24 Row AA Seat 4)
- Purple Circus Balloon
- Advertising Card for Dr. Nostrum's Wondrous Curative
There are no TI-99/4A user screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the TI-99/4A release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Copy protectionCopy protection for this game takes two forms. First you need to follow the instructions on the ticket included with the game in order to get past the turnstile. Later in the game you have to tune the radio to a specific station in order to calm an angry gorilla: Don't have the flyer for the radio station? Good luck.
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari 8-bit) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: high quality game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Lemon Amiga (For Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; music; manual; additional material.)
- Macintosh Garden, an abandonware games archive (For Macintosh: reviews; game packaging; downloadable releases; manual; screenshots; additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (InvisiClues) (Documentation for PC (DOS/Windows).)
- Replacementdocs (Map) (Documentation for PC (DOS/Windows).)
- Replacementdocs (Ticket) (Documentation for PC (DOS/Windows).)
- The Commodore Zone: Ballyhoo (introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Ballyhoo.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.