DescriptionThe Kingdom of Albereth was under attack of barbarian forces. King Valwyn drove the barbarians away, but was wounded in battles. Searching for a place where he could rest and restore his strength, he left the city - but never returned. Now, a new hero must rise and defend his homeland.
Times of Lore is an action game with light role-playing elements, which follows the adventures of a young warrior (strong barbarian, armored knight, or quick valkyrie) to assist a weakened kingdom from various threats, and to recover special Artifacts that once made the kingdom strong.
Gameplay consists of moving the protagonist in real-time (day and night) through various terrains, like forests, towns, and dungeons. The player character gathers basic items, like health and magic potions, and increasingly powerful weapons as he completes tasks and advances the plot. Conversations are handled through key phrases. Battles involve a few types of creatures (skeletons, orcs, rogues) of which there can be various flavors.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ultra Realm" -- working title
Part of the Following Group
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Jan, 1989||97 out of 100||97|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1989||91 out of 100||91|
|Power Play||DOS||Mar, 1989||77 out of 100||77|
|The Games Machine (UK)||DOS||Jun, 1989||76 out of 100||76|
|Amiga Action||Amiga||Dec, 1989||71 out of 100||71|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga||Dec, 1989||7.8 out of 12||65|
|Amstrad Action||Amstrad CPC||Jul, 1989||65 out of 100||65|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Atari ST||Jan, 1989||7 out of 12||58|
|Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the NES Library||NES||2016||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
References to the gameAlthough not in Times of Lore itself, the game is mentioned in Ultima V by a 'Christopher' in one of the Brittannys surrounding Lord British's castle. 'Christopher' says it will be quite a masterpiece and hopes you purchase it when he sends it off to the printing presses.
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Origin Systems, USA, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Compatibility information page about the original game and its DOSBox versions. )
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Spectrum Computing (For ZX Spectrum: games database, magazine references, magazine adverts, additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX-Art - online archive of pixel art and 8-bit music (For ZX Spectrum: music, credits, pixel art. Artist's graphics artwork.)