Not an American user?
DescriptionTOCA Race Driver 3 follows on from the ideas started in Race Driver 2. The game attempts to include as many different forms of four-wheeled racing in one game, as well as injecting each with a high degree of realism.
The game has over 70 licensed cars and 80 real tracks, as well as 35 different disciplines of racing.
There are two main gameplay modes. The World Tour mode has the player starting a racing career and, with the help of a Scottish manager, attempting to gain renown and acceptance into more famous racing events. There are 3D rendered cutscenes shown from the player's point-of-view, which move the story along and, while not as detailed as its predecessor, gives a good idea of the back scenes of a professional racer's life aside from just the racing. This mode includes mixtures from all the racing disciplines.
The second mode allows the player to choose one discipline and play a career focused on that choice. This mode has no back-story and longer, more realistic races.
TOCA Race Driver 3 provides two different driving models, Simulation and Pro-Simulation. The latter is recommended for gamers with analog steering wheels only. Simulation is intended for gamers without wheels, or who want an easier experience. This mode is also noticeably easier than the Simulation mode from TOCA Race Driver 2.
- "V8 Supercars Australia 3" -- Australian/New Zealand title
- "TOCA Race Driver 3: The Ultimate Racing Simulator" -- Tag-lined title
- "DTM Race Driver 3" -- German/Benelux title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Ariel Atom
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Audi Quattro
- Automobile: BMW M1
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Lancia Stratos HF
- Automobile: Lotus 49
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Pontiac Firebird
- Automobile: Renault Clio
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Ultima GTR
- DTM racing games
- PC Gamer Presents Games
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
- TOCA Racing games
- Touring Car Racing games
|Wow...simply wow!||PlayStation 2||Big John WV (27236)|
|AceGamez||Windows||2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Fragland.net||Xbox||Apr 11, 2006||89.5 out of 100||90|
|GamesFire||Windows||Mar 06, 2006||89 out of 100||89|
|GamingExcellence||Windows||Jul 05, 2006||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Game Freaks 365||PlayStation 2||Mar 29, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|VicioJuegos.com / uVeJuegos.com||Windows||Feb 23, 2006||84 out of 100||84|
|X-Power||Xbox||Mar 22, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|PTGamers||Windows||Jan 03, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|JeuxActu||PlayStation 2||Feb 21, 2006||14 out of 20||70|
|1UP||PlayStation 2||Feb 21, 2006||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2006 – #3 Best Xbox Game of the Year
- 2006 – #3 Best Racing Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- A Wealth of Racing Riches Await (An Apple Games article about TOCA Race Driver 3 (October, 2008).)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of TOCA Race Driver 3 on the publisher's website, which provides an overview of the vehicles, circuits, and racing modes within the game, as well as a trailer, a demo, a series of desktop wallpapers, and ordering information, among other such things.)
- TOCA Race Driver 3 (Product page on the developer's website)
PlayStation 2 Credits (369 people)
239 developers, 130 thanks
Alan Roberts, Alex de Rosée, Alexey Kryazhev, Andrew Sage, Ben Knight, Daniel Yelland, David Hosier, Gary Buckley, Graham Watson, Gurminder Sunner, Jon Story, Karl Hammarling, Malcolm Coleman, Matthew Craven (credited as Matt Craven), Paul Penson, Richard Batty, Robert Pattenden, Robin Bradley, Scott Stephen, Will StonesArtists: