Not an American user?
DescriptionThe war of 1999 left the country of Kookistan in shambles. Naturally, a dictator named General Akhboob took control of the beleagured nation and began creating an army of radioactive mutants. With a virtually impenetrable stronghold, a bunch of hostages, and a legion of mutants under his command, the evil despot will stop at nothing but world domination. Only two men have the courage and idealistic naivete to take on Akhboob and his forces: Captain Carnage and Major Mayhem, also known as the Doomsday Squad.
As Captain Carnage or Major Mayhem, it is up to you or you and a friend (in simultaneous action) to rescue the hostages while shooting hundreds of mutants bent on your destruction. As you walk and run forward, backward, left, right, and diagonally through 20 battlezones of nonstop action, you'll always have your machine gun by your side. Additional weapons which you can find along the way include grenade launchers, rocket launchers, plasma machine guns, flame throwers, spray-fire rifles, defensive blades, and an assortment of bombs.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sinclair User||Arcade||Jul, 1992||96 out of 100||96|
|All Game Guide||SNES||1998||80|
|Digitiser||Arcade||Jan 03, 1993||4 out of 5||80|
|Amiga Joker||Amiga||Apr, 1994||61 out of 100||61|
|Amiga Joker||Amiga CD32||May, 1994||54 out of 100||54|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga CD32||Jun, 1994||2 out of 4||50|
|Amiga Games||Amiga||May, 1994||38 out of 100||38|
|Play Time||Amiga||Jun, 1994||32 out of 100||32|
|GameTrip.net||Game Boy||Mar 22, 2020||2 out of 10||20|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga||Jun, 1994||2 out of 12||17|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German indexOn January 31, 1995, Total Carnage was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
SNES versionThere are a number of changes in the SNES version:
- All blood was re-coloured green .
- Various gore effects were removed.
- In one cutscene, a soldier who gets eaten by a monster was replaced by a van.
- The variety of hostages was reduced (e.g., no soldiers anymore) and they don't scream for help.
- A few dialogues were changed.
- The look of the first boss was changed and most graphical effects during the fight were removed.
- In the second level, a sequence involving an electric chair was removed.
- During the final boss fight, the whole second phase was removed - the reason is a Hitler reference.
- SPOILER: The end sequence was completely changed. In the SNES version, the villain goes to jail instead on the electric chair.