Forums > Game Forums > The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy > Waxy makes an interesting score

DJP Mom (11333) on 4/19/2008 12:58 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Here (via VOGONS). Probably related - not a very "anonymous" source :)

Servo (57070) on 4/19/2008 2:48 AM · Permalink · Report

Awesome! Too bad that was never completed, would have been a lot of fun...The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was one of my favourite text adventures.

[quote]Probably related[/quote]Nice pictures, I'm always glad to see I'm not the only one with stupid amounts of clutter hanging about! :)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 4/19/2008 6:03 AM · Permalink · Report

Too bad that was never completed, would have been a lot of fun

I don't know if "fun" is quite the word for it, but it was certainly an interesting, playful and formally experimental experience.

St. Martyne (3648) on 4/19/2008 9:11 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh, boy, that was a very fascinating read. Thanks.

Steely Gaze (208) on 4/19/2008 12:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Wow, that was a long, interesting read. It kicked up a lot of dirt though, and I must say the comments have been just as exciting as the story itself.

I'm not sure where I stand on the issue (whether the story should have been released without Mr. Biao doing some real digging) but it was very, very fascinating nonetheless.

I certainly wasted my early morning reading through it all!

micnictic (387) on 4/19/2008 4:01 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Steely Gaze wrote--] I certainly wasted my early morning reading through it all! [/Q --end Steely Gaze wrote--]

So did I. Very interesting indeed, although the author's approach certainly is disputable. Apart from that, Galley's second design notes sound really promising and the "Restaurant" is my favourite book in the series. A pity, the game wasn't made...

St. Martyne (3648) on 4/19/2008 7:30 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Richard Smoker wrote--] So did I. Very interesting indeed, although the author's approach certainly is disputable. [/Q --end Richard Smoker wrote--]

Yeah. But to his credit, he clearly differentiates what is factual and what is just an extrapolation.

[Q --start Richard Smoker wrote--] Apart from that, Galley's second design notes sound really promising and the "Restaurant" is my favourite book in the series. A pity, the game wasn't made... [/Q --end Richard Smoker wrote--]

Pity it is. But thinking in a retrospect, I'd still prefer Bureaucracy over any possible Hitchhikers sequel. So maybe, it turned out for the better, if only one of two games could be created.

micnictic (387) on 4/19/2008 9:37 PM · Permalink · Report

I heard many good things about "Bureaucrazy", but have never played it. But I feel in love with Galley's idea of a parser with an own identity. Was something like that ever made? Could be very funny, I believe.