DescriptionTwinBee is a vertical scrolling shooter. The players control cartoon-like spacecrafts with anthropomorphic arms, player one being TwinBee and player two being WinBee. The spacecrafts can be moved in all 8 directions, with one button for regular shooting flying enemies and one button for dropping ground bombs.
Power-ups in the form of bells can be collected by shooting clouds. The color of the bell will change if it is shot by the player, assuming one of the possible colors:
- Yellow: grants bonus points;
- White: upgrades player's guns to a twin cannon;
- Blue: increases player's speed (up to five levels);
- Green: creates image copies of the craft for more firepower;
- Red: provides a shield to sustain damage.
One shot in the middle section of the craft will destroy it. Shots which hit one of the craft's arms will destroy only the arm. If both arms are lost, the craft won't be able to shoot bombs anymore and will have to be repaired by an ambulance.
In the two-player mode, TwinBee (cyan craft) and WinBee (red craft) have the same speed and they can join "hand-to-hand" and fire a super blast. Also in two player mode, if one craft is hit by the other from behind, it will fire four multi-directional shots.
- "兵蜂" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "Twin Bee" -- Japanese title
- "3D Classics: TwinBee" -- Nintendo 3DS title
- "ツインビー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Classic NES / Famicom Mini / NES Classics releases
- Gaming Service: Game Room
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Twinbee universe
There are no reviews for this game.
|Nintendo Life||Nintendo 3DS||Sep 25, 2011||9 out of 10||90|
|NintendoWorldReport||Nintendo 3DS||Oct 05, 2011||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Official Nintendo Magazine||Nintendo 3DS||Nov 08, 2011||84 out of 100||84|
|Video Chums||PlayStation 4||Mar 01, 2016||6.7 out of 10||67|
|IGN||Nintendo 3DS||Sep 23, 2011||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.