DescriptionThe Protectorate Sword which was forged to vanquish evil has been stolen by a powerful wizard named Ulma and placed deep in an underground dungeon. Only when this sword is retrieved and given to Gedwyn the blinded hero, will Ulma be destroyed forever.
A Rogue-style game released in the same year, with the difference being that the game is presented graphically, not with ASCII characters. The player will travel through a multi-level dungeon complete with treasures and traps that are randomly generated each time the game is played. Once your character is generated you will hack and slash your way through ogres, hobgoblins, and many other monsters in the hopes of eventually reaching the level where the sword is hidden.
The game does not end when the sword is in hand, the player must also escape the dungeon before it is destroyed by Ulma - you have 2000 seconds to do this.
There are no promo images for this game
- "The Sword of Fargoal!!" -- In-game title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #147 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
Related Web Sites
- Epyx Shrine (A fan created web site. This page has a brief interview with the creator of the game.)
- Matt Chatt 40 (Video interview with Jeff McCord about the game (Youtube))
- Sword of Fargoal (Official Web Site)