DescriptionThis turn-based wargame is based on the battles in the Pacific theatre of the World War II. Ships, planes, subs, artillery, and other units are accurately portrayed in this game. There is so much detail that every ship and plane have statistics about any people on board that directly affect the ship's or plane's abilities. Ships have commanders who have names and can help you win the war provided you keep them alive. There are over 300 classes of ships in the game, as well as many other units.
The map is hex-based. Each hex is 60x60 miles and there are 148x148 hexes on the full campaign map. Every major nation is represented in this game. A turn is 1-7 phases depending on your options, and each phase is one day broken into two 12 hour parts.
The player is given as much or as little control over what happens as they like. Choose to only control the naval forces, or only the air forces... or, if you want a real challenge, choose to control everything yourself.
As the game progresses, you will have more options. Just as the Japanese started using Kamikazes later in the war, you will have that option when playing as the Japanese. When the atomic bomb was made during the real war, you will be given the opportunity to make your own.
Choose to play as the Japanese or the Allies. The game supports PBEM (play by e-mail), or head to head. You can even have the computer play both sides of the conflict.
Part of the Following Group
|Nice game, but takes too long||Riamus (8519)|
|Bovine Conspiracy (The)||Oct 16, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 2004||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 (official website)
- Alternative History WitP Page (This site is dedicated to gamers who have a desire to design and/or play "What If?" in WITP)
- Andrew Brown's WitP Web Page (Home of the Combined Historical Scenario (CHS) mod and some additional minor mods.)
- Fremen's fansite for WitP (Modding site containing new graphics for WitP (ships, planes) and the "War in the Mediterranean" mod.)
- Matrix Games - War In The Pacific (Publisher's product page)
- RogueUSMC's WitP Fansite (The site hosts graphic mods, sound mods, custom scenarios, etc.)
- Spooky's UV & WITP Fansite (Strategy tips, mods & other fan-made information for WitP)
- War in the Pacific User Community Project (Wiki for WitP)