DescriptionBayonetta is an action game created by Hideki Kamiya. After 500 years of sleep, a witch named Bayonetta awakes and finds herself confronted by enemies. With no recollection of who she is or the reason she is being attacked, Bayonetta must battle her way through the city of Vigrid while her memory returns.
Bayonetta can magically shape her hair into anything and uses it as a weapon to eliminate her enemies. She also has 4 guns at her disposal, two handguns and two attached to her heels. Bayonetta's guns are interchangeable with other weapons that are accessible throughout the game. Weapons can be bought or will be dropped by enemies defeated in battle, weapons bought can be upgraded but weapons dropped by enemies are only temporary.
The game features slow-motion in the form of Witch Time, which is activated with a well-timed dodge during battle. In this mode Bayonetta can counter-attack enemies before they have the chance to react.
There are no Wii U user screenshots for this game.
There are 81 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "ベヨネッタ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Bayonetta series
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Japanese PlayStation 3 games with full English support
- Japanese Xbox 360 games with full English support
- Middleware: CRI
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- Protagonist: Female
There are no reviews for the Wii U release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 20, 2014||19 out of 20||95|
|FNintendo||Sep 18, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
|Nintendo-Online.de||Sep 19, 2014||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBayonetta appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Development teamThe development team at Platinum Games Inc. responsible for Bayonetta is called Team Little Angels
ReferencesDespite only being being published by SEGA, Bayonetta has numerous references to past SEGA games. Magical Sound Shower from OutRun and the theme of After Burner play during a car ride and motorbike chase, respectfully. During the prologue one character talks about a villainous person by the name of Eggman (a la the Eggman of Sonic games, though not the same character) and Bayonetta herself, while stylishly dispatching enemies, repeats several of Ulala's lines from Space Channel 5.
Elsewhere in the game a character rattles off a list of previous girlfriends: Claire, Trish, Sylvia, and "Ammy". These refer to the previous games directed by Hikedi Kamiya: Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 2, Trish from Devil May Cry, Sexy Sylvia from Viewtiful Joe, and Amaterasu from Okami.
- 2009 – #5 Best Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2010 – Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2010 – Best Action Game of the Year
- 2010 – Best Art Design of the Year
- 2010 – #2 Best Music of the Year
- Steam Awards
- 2017 — The 'Soul of Vitruvius' Award — Nominated
Related Web Sites
- trophy guide @ PS3trophies.org (PS3trophies.org's trophy guide for Bayonetta)
- Wikipedia: Bayonetta (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Bayonetta)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.