DescriptionDonkey Kong 64 is similar to Rareware's other Nintendo 64 platformer series, Banjo Kazooie, but starring Donkey Kong and his friends from the Donkey Kong Country games. Several new features have been added to the game, like being able to change between different characters with different weapons and abilities.
As with many platformer games players will run around the various levels, jumping, swimming, and climbing where needed. Each level has multiple objectives, such as collecting DK's stolen golden bananas, collecting bananas color coded to each of the five characters, and miscellaneous other objects that need to be found to eventually complete 100% of the game. The player starts only being able to choose Donkey Kong, and must rescue the other four characters from the early levels before they can be used. By visiting Cranky Kong in each level more moves can be learned for each character, allowing them to complete challenges and reach sections in levels that were previously inaccessible.
- "DK64" -- Common abbreviation
- "ドンキーコング６４" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Fish
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Console Generation Exclusive: Nintendo 64
- Donkey Kong games
- Gameplay feature: Game completion percentage
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Gameplay feature: Photography
- Games made into books
- Games with hidden / unlockable full games
- Setting: Aquatic / Underwater
There are no reviews for the Wii U release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Edit.||1||GAMEBOY COLOR! (2002)
Mar 17, 2009
Expansion PakThis game was originally shipped with the N64 memory Expansion Pak included in the box, as this was one of the first games to require it.
Mini gamesIn the game, you get to play the arcade classics Donkey Kong and Jetpac during different stages.
- Total! (Germany)
- Issue 01/2000 - Best N64 Platformer in 1999
Related Web Sites
- Donkey Kong 64 at Wikipedia (Provides useful information about Donkey Kong 64 which is free to edit by anyone.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.