DescriptionDonkey Kong has been "kongnapped" by the nasty K. Rool and the Kremlings, and it is up to Diddy Kong and his girl-friend Dixie Kong to save him.
All the familiar enemies and helpful friends return, along with some new characters, including the wise Wrinkly Kong who will teach you some important lessons in gameplay. Again the emphasis is on banana collecting, where as every one hundred bananas makes one extra life. Apart from beating K. Rool and rescuing Donkey Kong, there are extra missions that can be completed. Collect enough K. Rool Kremkoins to open up the routes to the Lost World, while every level has a hidden Hero Coin to collect.
The Game Boy Advance version also includes a bonus game mode with three minigames (Expresso's Racing, Funky's Flights, and Bag a Bug) plus a time attack mode called Diddy's Dash (complete levels as fast as possible as Diddy Kong). This version of the game also includes an additional boss (Kerozene) and two more collectibles (Golden Feathers that increase Expresso's stats in the Expresso's Racing bonus game and photographs that fill out a scrapbook). Due to the addition of the bonus games and the scrapbook 28 more Hero Coins were also added.
There are no Wii U user screenshots for this game.
There are 94 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "大金刚城市2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie & Diddy" -- Japanese SNES title
- "Super Donkey Kong 2" -- Japanese GBA title
- "Donkey Kong Country 2" -- US GBA title
- "DKC 2" -- Common abbreviation
- "Dajingang Chengshi 2" -- Chinese title
- "スーパードンキーコング２ ディクシー＆ディディー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Birds
- Animals: Fish
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Animals: Snakes
- Animals: Spiders
- Donkey Kong Country series
- Donkey Kong games
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Gameplay feature: Game completion percentage
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Genre: Hop and Bop Platformer
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
There are no reviews for the Wii U release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|FNintendo||Nov 21, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
|Nintendo Insider||Oct 31, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cancelled DOS portAccording to David Wise, an DOS port was planned, but was cancelled because Nintendo wouldn't let them get away with that.
- In Cranky's Museum (SNES and Wii version), a poster of the character Thunder from Killer Instinct can be seen on the wall.
- After participating in Cranky Kong's "Video Game Heroes" contest, the players' results are tallied on a screen that shows the three top-scoring characters standing on pedestals. If you look below this, you will see Sonic the Hedgehog's red sneakers and Earthworm Jim's trademark plasma gun discarded alongside a trash can and a sign reading "NO HOPERS". Apparently they didn't make the cut.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue 100) - #65 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
- Game Players
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best SNES Game of the Year 1995
- Vol. 8, No. 13 (Holiday Edition) - Best 16-Bit Graphics of the Year 1995
- Mega Fun
- 1996 - SNES Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Donkey Kong Country 2 (Nintendo's official web site for the GBA version)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.