🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess > Mirrored?

beetle120 (2415) on 11/25/2007 4:46 AM · Permalink · Report

Is the Wii version of the game mirrored to the GameCube version (i.e. left = right, east = west)? Because this seems very strange and almost makes it a different game.

DJP Mom (11333) on 11/25/2007 5:25 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]Is the Wii version of the game mirrored to the GameCube version (i.e. left = right, east = west)? Because this seems very strange and almost makes it a different game. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--] Looks that way - there's a trivia note about it:

"The Wii and GameCube versions of this game have the world map and everything in it mirrored. This is to make the game work for the right handed Link of the Wii and the left handed Link of the GameCube. So everything stays the same relative to him." Contributed by Keeper Garrett (528) on Jan 07, 2007.

beetle120 (2415) on 11/25/2007 8:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I looked up the trivia before I made that post, must of been looking at the Wii page not the combined so I missed it.

I didn't think it that easy to just flip it programming wise considering a lot of things can't be simply just flipped like symbols and text + I don't think too many game engines have a flip button all the graphics have to be done individually. Could be wrong though, does anyone in this field know, interested to find out.