🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare > Veteran anecdotes

MichaelPalin (1414) on 2/13/2008 11:10 AM · Permalink · Report

So, I was in the streets of [insert random Arab country city name] taking positions with my unit. I don't remember what the mission was, to save some marines behind enemy lines I think. We were advancing through a street with snipers in the surrounding buildings. These building were falling one after another under our force. One was taken by me, and I decided to keep one of the snipping rifles, I'm pretty sure it was Dragunov, my memory is not very well lately (radiation exposure effect, the doctor says). Well, from then on, I stayed back all the time, giving cover to my unit. For some reason, my unit wont advance if I don't, so, after cleaning each area a bit, I did have to advance over my unit to make them advance, and this, shooting with a sniper rifle to enemies a few feet in front of me. Well, in one of these situations, I shoot a foe 5 feet from me and, as soon as the guy falls, I see another guy another 5 feet behind the previous one falling at the same time. Wow!, I killed both of them with the same bullet, yeah!!, hahahahaha!!!!! I sure could be of some use if zombies were attacking the city. Man!, we did some laugh back at the chopper.

Yes, many good guys died that day. I can barely walk right now, apparently if you break a leg under radiation it wont cure properly, or that is what those good for nothing doctors say. But I regret nothing, now Iran is under our control (more or less), and even if they are cutting down funds for injured veterans like me to increase defense funds for the third time this month, it's cough cough (stupid lungs) necessary to stop them. Apparently, little billy is not having his heart operation this month either, he wont be able to be a good marine like daddy.

So, any cool stuff you have seen playing this game?

MichaelPalin (1414) on 2/14/2008 9:56 AM · Permalink · Report

You dull people!

DJP Mom (11333) on 2/14/2008 11:49 AM · Permalink · Report

Aw, c'mon Gramps, tell us another war story!

MichaelPalin (1414) on 2/14/2008 2:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Get off the lawn! Damn kids!