Advertising BlurbsSquare Enix press release (US):
PLAYERS ARE HANDED THE CROWN IN FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: MY LIFE AS A KING
- Story | Enjoy the entire story, from beginning to end
- Building Types | A total of 17 building types to choose from, including houses, citizen shops, adventurer shops, adventurer buildings, special buildings and parks
- Adventurers | Clavat Adventurers (male and female, each with four jobs to choose from)
- Difficulty | All difficulty levels, from normal (first play-through) to hard and very hard (second play-through and beyond) available
- Dungeon | 38 dungeons total, with 23 in normal mode and 15 more in the hard and very hard modes
- Other Races | Once an inn has been built, different races (Lilty/Selkie/Yuke) will begin to visit the realm
*Players cannot raise adventurers of other races or have them reside in their realm
- Dungeon Pack | 300 | Adds 11 dungeons to the game. Clearing these dungeons raises the limit on weapon, armor and item shops as well as taverns, parks, gaming halls and houses.
- Triple Race Pack | 800 | Adds Lilty huts, Selkie dens and Yuke shacks to the buildings list.
- Lilty Hut | 300 | Adds Lilty huts to the building list. Lilties are naturally strong and make the best warriors.
- Selkie Den | 300 | Adds Selkie dens to the building list. Selkies are naturally swift and make the best thieves.
- Yuke Shack | 300 | Adds Yuke shacks to the building list. Yukes are naturally magic-savvy and make the best mages.
- The King's New Cloak | 100 | Provides an additional costume for the king. Changing costumes is performed within the castle.
- Chime's Knell | 100 | Provides an additional costume for Chime. Changing costumes is performed within the castle.
- Luxurious House | 100 | Adds luxurious houses to the building list. These houses recall an even larger family to the kingdom, boosting income of gil.
- Sacred Shrine | 200 | Adds a dungeon containing the ability to build a sacred shrine. Sacred shrines built in the kingdom temporarily boost adventurers' stats.
- Square Enix unveils its first WiiWare title, delivering an all-new adventure via direct download
- Scenario created by Motomu Toriyama, the acclaimed director of the upcoming FINAL FANTASY XIII
- Groundbreaking graphics optimized for the Wii™ enable players to journey through a world filled with memorable characters and architectural splendor
- Rebuild a nation by building houses and shops, carefully considering the best interests of the citizens. If the player's nation regains its former glory, the secrets of the land may be revealed
- Enlist adventurers with varying levels, jobs and abilities to carry out dangerous missions in return for rewards
- Be mindful of the passage of time, and plan each day accordingly in order to efficiently carry out construction efforts
Square Enix’s First WiiWare Title Launches Today, with Downloadable Add-on Content to Expand and Enrich the Kingdom-Building Experience
Los Angeles (May 12, 2008)
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, announced that FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: My Life as a King™ is now available via WiiWare™, Nintendo’s new downloadable games service.
Rebuild a deserted kingdom and discover what it takes to rule a nation in this enchanting new simulation game from Square Enix. FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King offers players a charming world of vivid landscapes and memorable characters, introducing a beloved series to the much-anticipated WiiWare service.
Complete with a compelling storyline that can be enjoyed in varying difficulty levels, 17 building types and a total of 38 dungeons, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King offers a fulfilling and imaginative experience for all ages. Players can raise adventurers of the Clavat race, customizing them with the four available jobs, and build an inn to encourage other tribes (Lilty, Selkie, Yuke) to visit their kingdom!
Main Product Guide
Players can enjoy the following content upon download (1,500 Wii Points) of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King. All basic simulation elements are included.
Category | Details
Downloadable Add-on Content
While the complete experience can be enjoyed for 1,500 Wii Points, add-on content will be available for download to extend game play. Players can expand their kingdom with extra dungeons, house bundle packs and new outfits to customize characters. Access the add-on content through the in-game title screen or castle menu.
Title | Price(Wii Points) | Content
According to legend, a deserted town now serves as the lifeless reminder of a once-powerful kingdom. The young son of a missing king reaches this land after a long journey, finding only an abandoned castle—and a magic crystal. Though tarnished by years of neglect, the crystal has maintained its luminous glow and bestows upon the boy the power of architek, the ability to manifest memories into reality. With the help of his loyal servants and courageous adventurers, the new king dutifully prepares to rebuild his people’s homeland in this new realm.
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King is rated E (Everyone). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King will be available on the Wii Shop Channel for 1,500 Wii Points. The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/mylifeasaking/.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises - FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 43 million units worldwide - under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing, and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, MY LIFE AS A KING, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd., in the United States and/or other countries. Wii and WiiWare are trademarks of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4671) on May 19, 2008.
FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: My Life as a King™ (Square Enix, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, 1,500 Wii Points): FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a King takes a legendary franchise and launches it into the realm of simulation gaming. Players are challenged to rebuild a kingdom, leading its young king on a path of discovery through an adventure bristling with mystery and intrigue.
Contributed by Joshua J. Slone (4671) on May 19, 2008.