DescriptionGuitar Hero: Metallica is the second game in the Guitar Hero series to focus on specific band, following the release of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.
This title largely borrows from the novelties introduced in Guitar Hero: World Tour, with band career modes for single or multiple players with a storyline drawn as a cartoon, competitive modes online, and the possibility to play with different instruments such as a regular guitar, a bass guitar, drums, and doing the vocals. The storyline describes how a band wants to follow in the footsteps of the Metallica and become a leading act on their tour. This edition adds an Expert+ difficulty mode where players need to drum using a second bass pedal to mimic the playing style of Lars Ulrich, the drummer of the band. The members also did motion capture sessions for the avatars in the game.
The music selection consists of 28 master recordings and 21 additional songs by others selected by the band. Bonus features include various videos and trivia about the songs. Progress is made by completing sets of songs, rather than a series of gigs as in Guitar Hero: World Tour, set in venues that were in important in the band's career. Performances are rated with stars and a certain amount is needed to progress and unlock a new set.
The game also includes the GHTunes from World Tour where new songs can be created and shared. A new Drum Mode offers the possibility to play the drums without an existing drum track to create new rhythms, and the Battle mode (from Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock), has been updated with Metallica influences for the power-ups, with names like Fade To Black, Under The Ice and Ride The Lightning.
Although released in Europe packaged with a guitar controller and Metallica faceplate, other regions were not so fortunate and only received a solus edition. Custom drumsticks and a second bass pedal were offered as pre-order bonuses in certain stores.
The Metallica tracklist includes:
- All Nightmare Long
- Broken, Beat & Scarred
- Creeping Death
- Disposable Heroes
- Dyers Eve
- Enter Sandman
- Fade to Black
- Fight Fire with Fire
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Hit the Lights
- King Nothing
- Master of Puppets
- The Memory Remains
- Mercyful Fate (Medley)
- My Apocalypse
- No Leaf Clover (Live)
- Nothing Else Matters
- Sad But True
- Seek & Destroy
- The Shortest Straw
- The Thing That Should Not Be
- The Unforgiven
- Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
- Wherever I May Roam
- Alice in Chains - No Excuses
- Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Turn the Page (Live)
- Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross
- Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
- Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors
- Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
- Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
- Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
- Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
- Mercyful Fate - Evil
- Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
- Motörhead - Ace of Spades
- Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
- Samhain - Mother of Mercy
- Slayer - War Ensemble
- Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster (Live)
- Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head
- System of a Down - Toxicity
- The Sword - The Black River
- Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 45 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Simulation - Music
- Guitar Hero series
- Hero music games
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Theme: Famous musicians
There are no reviews for this game.
|Nintendojo||2009||9 out of 10||90|
|GameZone||Apr 14, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Da Gameboyz||2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Vandal Online||May 28, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Nintendo Life||May 18, 2009||80|
|Game Chronicles||Apr 01, 2009||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Jeux Vidéo Network||May 25, 2009||15 out of 20||75|
|Game Revolution||Mar 28, 2009||B||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 28, 2009||14 out of 20||70|
|Game Shark||Apr 27, 2009||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesGuitar Hero: Metallica appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Guitar Hero: Metallica (official game website)
- Wikipedia: Guitar Hero: Metallica (article in the open encyclopedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Guitar Hero: Metallica.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.