missing cover art
DescriptionSitting in the gunner position of a "GeoSword" fightercraft, you must shoot your way through the enemy armada and bring the fight to their base planet, Redeye. Altogether you'll have around 10 missions to get through before the galaxy is safe and your wingmen will help you along the way. And during those missions, you'll be expected to shoot out the sides of huge enemy battlecruisers, travel inside of enemy carriers and travel through the canyons of Redeye to deliver your payload.
The PlayStation and the 3DO versions offer the choice between an arcade mode and an enhanced mode. In the enhanced modes that flat polygons are remade in fully textured polygons and the black bars on the sides have been removed to turn the image into a fullscreen view.
There are no Wii user screenshots for this game.
There are 63 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "スターブレードα" -- Japanese PlayStation spelling
- "Starblade α" -- PlayStation title
- "Starblade Alpha" -- Playstation informal title
- "スターブレード" -- Japanese spelling
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Virtual Console versionThe game's Wii Virtual Console version is notable for being one of the few games on the service to be played using the Wii Remote's pointer, alongside Namco's own Solvalou.
- 1994 (Vol 3, Iss.1) – Best Sega CD Action/Arcade Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Starblade: The Home Ports (at Game Developer Research Institute)
- Wikipedia: Starblade (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)