Not an American user?
DescriptionExplore the Wuhu Islands with Wii Sports Resort, the sequel to the Wii launch title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort includes and takes advantage of a peripheral called Wii MotionPlus, which enhances the player's motion control in the assorted sports. Available in this game are:
- Swordplay: Defeat your opponent in two out of three rounds. Alternate between attacking and defending with your sword.
- Wakeboarding: Hold the Wii Remote like a handle, and use it to turn from side to side. Lift it to perform acrobatic jumps.
- Frisbee: Hold and flick the Wii Remote like a Frisbee.
- Archery: Hold the Wii Remote like a bow. Pull the Nunchuk like the string, and release Z to fire.
- Basketball: Lift and throw the Wii Remote overhead to throw the ball into the hoop.
- Table Tennis: Swing the Wii Remote like a racket to hit the ball.
- Golf: Hold the Wii Remote downward and swing it like a golf club to hit the ball.
- Bowling: Swing the Wii Remote as though you're bowling a bowling ball. Adjust spin and angle using the Control Pad.
- Power Cruising: Hold the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as though they were bike handlebars. Tilt to steer, and use B to accelerate.
- Canoeing: Move the Wii Remote from front to back as though you were rowing with a canoe paddle.
- Cycling: Alternate the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk up and down as though cycling.
- Air Sports: Tilt the Wii Remote to move your body in the air as though skydiving, or hold it like a paper plane when using a plane.
- "Wii スポーツリゾート" -- Japanese spelling
- "Wii 스포츠 리조트" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Console Generation Exclusives: Wii
- Nintendo Selects releases
- Touch! Generations games
- Wii franchise games
- Wii Sports series
|A game with broad appeal, best played in groups||Condemned (75)|
|Another cheap Nintendo cash in.||AkibaTechno (254)|
|The Video Game Critic||Sep 15, 2009||A||100|
|Hooked Gamers||Jul 16, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Impulse Gamer||Sep 16, 2009||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Kombo.com||Jul 31, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Aug 07, 2009||84 out of 100||84|
|AusGamers||Jul 28, 2009||7.2 out of 10||72|
|GameSpy||Jul 18, 2009||70|
|Gamekult||Jul 24, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jul 14, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Good Game||Jul 20, 2009||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You DieWii Sports Resort is mentioned in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by Tony Mott
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Wii Sports Resort sold 32.87 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).
- 2009 - voted #1 Best Sports Game (Readers' Choice Awards)
- 2009 - Best Sports Game (Editors' Choice Awards)
- 2009 - Best Casual Game
- GameStar / GamePro (Germany)
- 2009 - Best Family & Lifestyle Game
- 2009 - Best Wii Sports Game (Readers' Awards)
- 2009 - Best Sports Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
Ben K (23898) added Wii Sports Resort (Wii) on Jul 23, 2009
- Iwata Asks - Wii Sports Resort (NCL president Satoru Iwata interviews various members of Nintendo EAD.)
Credits (117 people)
113 developers, 4 thanks
Kenta Sato, Takuhiro Dohta, Ichiro Suzuki, Takeshi Miyamoto, Yuichiro Okamura, Toyoki Kataoka, Masahiro NakamuraServer Programming: