missing cover art
DescriptionDisney's Animated Storybook: The Lion King is an interactive storybook for children aged three to eight based on the 1994 animated movie The Lion King. The story is told through eighteen pages that are fixed screens with animated characters. A voice narrates the story and the text is shown on the screen, with difficult words that are highlighted and for which a definition is available. Often there are small interactive elements or short mini-games.
At the main menu the player is welcomed by Timon. The different options are reading along with the story, playing the mini-games or picking a specific page right away. While reading there are characters on every page on both sides of the screen. Clicking them provides different effects. Rafiki highlights vocabulary on the text, Simba and Nala take the reader to play a mini-game, Timon returns the story to the main menu, and Zazu makes the narrator reread the story. Moving between pages is done clicking arrows on both sides of the screen and often short, animated cut-scenes are played before moving on.
There are three main mini-games:
- Bug Catch: click on wandering grubs on the ground so Timon can fill his tray of grubs until he pours the grubs in his mouth.
- Connect the Stars: a connect the dots game played with stars in the sky. The player clicks a star and draws lines to make figures such as animals.
- A Pouncing Lesson: the player has to help Simba pounce at Zazu on a field with grass and rocks. The mouse is moved to help Simba approach Zazu, but as soon as the bird turns the mouse needs to be moved down to his Simba. If Zazu catches Simba the bird will fly away.
There are no Windows 3.x user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Disney's Animated Storybook series
- Disney's The Lion King licensees
- Inspiration: Movies
- Walt Disney games
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
With the voice talents of: