missing cover art
DescriptionLights Out 3D is a computer adaptation of Tiger Electronics' electronic game. The game is played on a grid full of pieces (here called buttons) that can be either lit or unlit. The objective of the game is to turn off all the lit buttons in as few moves as possible. Buttons are changed by clicking on them but all adjacent buttons are then also changed. Making a change creates an effect pattern and the game can be played with two different patterns: cross or diagonal. According to the box cover the game consists of over 24 billion puzzles and these are divided into nine different puzzle types. There are four different grid sizes: 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 and 8x8. It's possible to play with pre-programmed puzzles or randomized ones.
The nine puzzle types are:
- Classic which is described above.
- Lit Only where the player is only allowed to click on lit buttons.
- Toggle where the player has to click on lit and unlit buttons in turn.
- Looping where the effect pattern can wrap around to the opposite side of the grid.
- Lights In where the player has to recreate a certain displayed puzzle.
- 3 Color which has three different buttons (green, purple, red) that have to be turned to red.
- Insert Puzzle where the player can create his own puzzles.
- 2 Players which is a multiplayer mode where the players take turns swapping the buttons.
- Fliput which is a one or two player mode where the objective is to have as many buttons of the player's color as possible.
There are no Windows 3.x user screenshots for this game.
There are 20 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.