Forums > Game Forums > Marvel Comics Spider-Man: The Sinister Six > Win3x/Win95 platform removal

eXo (346) on 4/7/2015 1:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Sorry about the rampage on here, but this is an even better example than Lion.

Here is a screenshot of the final screen of the setup process: https://cdn.mobygames.com/user/17133619-image.png

So the game is telling you to drop to DOS to play it... Oddly though, they give you no way to install the game in DOS. So you HAVE to have a Win16 compatible OS to install the game but then you have to drop to MS-DOS to play it.

At the very least Windows as a platform should be removed as there is absolutely nothing in the process that involves Win95/Win32/etc. I also question having Win3x listed when the game clearly tells you not to stay in windows when playing. But maybe since the installer requires windows it stays... ugh. I'm getting tired of these hybrids. I'll reserve posting more examples of these until the examples I've already posted are hashed out.

Thanks guys.

vedder (70767) on 4/7/2015 4:20 PM · Permalink · Report

If it's impossible to install the game from DOS, the Windows 3.x platform is justified. It's a rule we established in the era of Steam and GOG where that practice is commonplace. Of course here it's one step more extreme because then you have to switch OS to actually play it. So I think Windows 3.x + DOS is correct here. A comment in the trivia or release info might be in order though :)

Sciere (930479) on 4/7/2015 11:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Win32 removed

eXo (346) on 4/9/2015 10:31 PM · Permalink · Report

thanks for all the fixes!