DescriptionShadows of Darkness is the fourth Quest for Glory game. It is a journey into the land of Mordavia - a setting influenced by Eastern Europe, particularly its Slavic areal. The hero had just begun to enjoy his victory in Tarna, when a spell zapped him into parts unknown, without a weapon, items, or even a source of light. Shortly after finding his way out of the dark cave, the hero meets a mysterious woman named Katrina. He traverses the swamps in the dark forest and finally reaches the town. However, the town is also engulfed by a foreboding atmosphere, and the hero cannot allow himself to relax. He must find out what is going on, why the town inhabitants are so hesitant and reluctant to help him, and what horrors are lurking outside of its walls. Life has never been quite so dangerous for our hero. He'll discover his quest soon enough - that is, if he lives.
Like the previous Quest For Glory titles, the game is a combination of puzzle-solving adventure and role-playing. The player character can be a fighter, a thief, a magician, or a paladin. Importing a character from a preceding installment of the series is also possible. Once again the hero improves his skills by repeatedly using them (like throwing stones at a tree to improve the throwing ability, which might be needed to solve a puzzle).
Combat system in this installment has undergone a major change. Battles are viewed from a side-scrolling perspective and are action-oriented. The protagonist is able to move freely, jump, and execute attacks and defensive moves, similarly to fighting games. The CD version of the game adds voice-overs to conversations as well as narrator's voice to text descriptions.
There are no promo images for this game
- "英雄傳奇4：魔障" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "הרצון לעוצמה 4: צללי החשכה " -- Hebrew spelling
- "Quest for Glory: Schatten der Dunkelheit" -- German title
- "Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness" -- CD-Rom title
- "QFG4" -- Abbreviated series title
- "영웅의 길 IV: 어둠의 그림자" -- Korean spelling
- "Hero's Quest 4: Shadows Of Darkness" -- Informal title
- "Ha-ratson le-otsma 4: Tslalei ha-khashekha" -- Israeli title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Quest for Glory series
|Could have been the best....||Mr. Huh (112)|
|It could have been the best of the series.||Ryan Prendiville (703)|
|Adventure Gamers||Jul 04, 2008||80|
|High Score||Jul, 1994||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Joker||Jan, 1994||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1994||67 out of 100||67|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Some more non-bug problems||2||Game Guesser (28)
Aug 02, 2016
|My bug collection||9||Nowhere Girl (3783)
May 12, 2013
|Bugs? Like dialog progressing too quickly||3||Nowhere Girl (3783)
Aug 15, 2012
TriviaBaba Yaga (a major villain in the first QFG1) makes a re-appearance in this Quest for Glory game.
Related Web Sites
- Quest for Glory 4 Walkthrough (posted on the Computer Show)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.