Forums > Game Forums > Catan > Nintendo DS version

Patrick Bregger (299943) on 8/15/2015 8:22 AM · Permalink · Report

I have a hard time deciding if the DS version belongs to this game entry or is a different game. On a superficial level, the mobile versions seems like a port of the Nintendo DS version with minor differences (reworked UI, content locked behind micro transactions - the usual). The mobile version was released a few months after the DS game, has the same publisher/developer and a similar credits listing. The menus I have seen from both versions seem to hold the same options, only presented in a different way.

However, I still don't feel confident enough to actually add it to this entry (since this is a board game adaption, the versions are bound to look similar). I could find very little information, not even campaign footage on youtube, about the mobile campaign besides what is written in our description. Only some offside mentioning that there are supposed to be 16 missions which would be the same as in the DS version.

vedder (70767) on 8/17/2015 7:38 AM · Permalink · Report

I've played the Android version.

It's been a while but if I remember correctly the campaign had the different player characters conversing with speech bubbles at the start of each game and there were a bunch of levels where specific resources were made scarce on purpose.