DescriptionEarthworm Jim HD is a remake of the original Earthworm Jim, a run-and-gun platform starring an earthworm called Jim. It largely stays true to the original levels and design from the Genesis/Windows special edition versions.
One day, in space above Earth, the evil Psy-Crow has trapped a rebel spaceship pilot who had stolen an Ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit, ordered by the evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt. During the subsequent space fight, the suit falls to Earth, right on Jim, who is mutated into a superhero. He overhears the aforementioned antagonists talking about the whereabouts of the suit and their plans with the Queen's sister Princess What's-Her-Name, and decides to embark on a quest to save the princess.
Gameplay is the same as in the original: Jim can run, jump, float in the air for a brief amount of time, grab on to objects, and shoot enemies with his blaster. In between the normal levels, there are semi-3D races called Andy Asteroids.
The most important change is the reworked graphics. Everything has been re-animated and re-drawn at a much higher resolution and with a slightly different look, based on the work Gameloft already did on the iPhone version. Other changes and additions are:
- 4 difficulty settings (easy, normal, hard, original)
- A new intro cinematic, based on a re-made version of the original comic book story
- New dialogue lines for Earthworm Jim recorded with a new voice actor Scott Shaw, mixed with the existing ones of Douglas TenNapel (the original concept designer, who had no input in this remake)
- Level select option
- Online 4-player cooperative multiplayer in reworked levels better suited for multiple players (changing boss behaviours and a larger level layout)
- Three entirely new stages with new environments and enemies, based on the idea that Jim is fighting inside a computer. These are presented as bonus stages, separate from the original game. They also contain entirely new bosses such as a granny, a swarm of flying creatures and the internet meme based Keyboard Cat.
There are no Windows Phone user screenshots for this game.
There are 9 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Fan artThe game contains a piece of fan art created by an artist known as Beloved-Creature. One of the people at Gameloft HQ thought it was official art and sent it to the Chinese artists, who pasted it into the game, where it is used prominently as a part of the HUD and score screens.
This was commented upon by the original Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel and it was acknowledged by one of the Gameloft developers. The license for the art was never cleared through the legal department.
Related Web Sites
- X360A Achievement Guide (X360A's achievement guide for Earthworm Jim HD.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.