🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer > Splitting seriously?

Sicarius (61518) on 6/23/2010 4:29 AM · Permalink · Report

If you seriously think that this needed splitting - which I find rather questioning, you should also submit a splitting-request for the retail version of Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna which also includes Dungeon Siege...

I'm going to keep myself out of this...

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 6/23/2010 6:21 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't see evidence that there is a stand-alone version for Legends of Annara available.

But Rise of the Godslayer needed to be split. MobyGames is all about what you can buy - and there is a big difference if you receive the base game with the package or not.

Sicarius (61518) on 6/23/2010 7:03 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Where can you get a stand-alone version of Rise of the Godslayer? Even the official Funcom-Download-Installer contains both add-on and main game (see register.ageofconan.com if you've an account).

Just to clarify: I'm not angry or something. I couldn't care less if there are splitted or not. I just want to know the reason behind the decision to prevent additional work for others in the future.

Patrick Bregger (301035) on 6/23/2010 7:07 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

The press release says that it is possible to upgrade the base game. I read "upgrade" as "If you already own Hyborian Adventures you only need to download the new stuff".

If that is not the case the splitting was wrong and I apologise.

Cantillon (77080) on 7/8/2010 12:38 PM · Permalink · Report

So, any conclusion on this?

vedder (70822) on 7/8/2010 1:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I think the split should be undone.

Sciere (930490) on 7/8/2010 4:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Not if it's also available separately, like DLC, then this is a valid compilation entry.

Cantillon (77080) on 7/8/2010 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, but Sicarius said: "Even the official Funcom-Download-Installer contains both add-on and main game"

Sciere (930490) on 8/19/2010 6:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Sicarius, any follow-up? If I read the press release Patrick linked to right, it appears to be available as a separate upgrade for owners of the base game (which also sounds logical to me).

Sicarius (61518) on 9/2/2010 7:32 AM · Permalink · Report

I contacted Funcom directly and am waiting for a respone.