Written by  :  piltdown_man (166033)
Written on  :  Jul 31, 2019
Rating  :  3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Tougher than expected

The Good

This is a short game with just six images to reveal and it took a bit of getting used to, see below. When I did I found a game that is harder than expected and it is a very pretty game with brightly coloured bullets coming in waves, spirals, pulses.

I was impressed with the variety of patterns employed and was surprised to have to navigate a maze at one point.

The music is pleasant enough, it sets a pace and a sense of urgency without being too distracting, and there's more than one loop being played.

The Bad

There are no instructions. Now that will not be a problem to most since it's probably identical to many other games of this genre, but it is my first 'bullet hell' type game and I struggled. I tried to fight back by getting close to the baddies - well, the description does talk about "13 delicious foods to eat". I tried clicking in the 'sensitive areas' thinking they were like ticklish spots and that distracted from the bullet dodging. It took a while but I got there.

Lasers - I'm learning to dodge bullets but lasers just appear and 'Snap!' they've got you. They make the game tougher - which is good, but I'm learning to hate them.

The Bottom Line

Never mind the over-endowed images that are being revealed, look at this game as a very pretty test of your dexterity.