🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Aquaria > iPad release - change in publisher

Freeman (65099) on 3/15/2019 8:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Semi Secret Software originally published the iPad version; Last Chance Media is the current pubilsher. Looking at SSS's website, the last archived version seems to be from March 6, 2014. So I'm guessing that Last Chance Media took over some time after that. Last Chance (now Finji) is run by 2 of the 4 people who were behind Semi Secret Software.

Looking at archived versions of the Aquaria app store page, the last archived link by SSS is from Dec 29, 2014 while the first archived link by LCM is from March 28, 2016. This is slightly unhelpful, though, as the 2 archived dates from 2015 redirect to each of the respective pages (the 1st to SSS and the 2nd to LCM).

So my question is: does anyone know at what point Last Chance Media took over publishing rights of Aquaria on iPad?

firefang9212 (81827) on 3/16/2019 8:56 PM · Permalink · Report

Assuming the listed publisher changed to Last Chance at the same time for all a Semi Secret's games, the change happened at the beginning of Feb 2015 (between the 1st & 6th) based on the archives for Canabalt (1st, 6th).
Though based on what I could find I think it is likely that control over the games was transferred to Last Chance when Finji was established. At the very least Finji mentioned updates to games like Canabalt on their blog while they were still listed on the store as Semi Secret. (source)