B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th! Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising BlurbsPrint advertisement - PC Player 01/2001:
EINE FLIEGENDE FESTUNG...
Fliege die B.17. Feuere die MGs ab. Entlade die tödliche Fracht. Bei diesem Spiel bist Du für alles verantwortlich. Kommandiere Deine Crew oder lass sie ihren Job alleine machen es liegt an Dir.
ZEHN ECHTE KAMERADEN...
UND NUR EINE 1:100 CHANCE, WIEDER NACH HAUSE ZU KOMMEN!
Aber vergiß nicht: Bring Deine Jungs in einem Stück wieder nach Hause!
Contributed by Patrick Bregger (232698) on Oct 10, 2010.
- The complete flight simulation
- Learn to fly the legendary B-17G ‘Flying Fortress’.
- Become one of the escort fighter pilots in the P-38 ‘Lightning’, the P-51 ‘Mustang’ and the P-47 ‘Thunderbolt’.
- Take on the role of the Luftwaffe and jump into German interceptor’s cockpits: the Bf 109, FW 190, and Me 262.
- Become an expert at all ten B-17 crew positions. Take off and land the massive bomber, shoot from all turret positions, navigate across Europe, operate the radio, execute the bomb run and even release the bombs!
- Assess and manage your crew’s strengths and skills and reposition them to their abilities.
- Undertake a realistic 25-mission tour of duty based on historical scenarios and targets.
Contributed by Xoleras (66735) on May 16, 2004.
They called it ‘The Mighty Eighth’, the US Army Air Force 8th Bomber Command that flew daylight missions over occupied Europe, striking at specific military targets with pinpoint accuracy. B-17 Flying Fortress gives you total control of every aspect of this strategic air war (including the opposition).
Feel the power of really flying a B-17! See what it was like to be part of the 10-man crew on dangerous bombing missions over occupied Europe. Outstanding graphics, animations and sounds realistically recreate every aspect of the strategic air war in WWII.
Fly a variety of aircraft from the legendary B-17 to the rugged escort fighters-you can even fight 'The Mighty Eighth' in the role of a German Luftwaffe pilot!
Contributed by Riamus (8519) on Oct 05, 2003.
They called it "The Mighty Eighth", the US Army Air Force 8th Bomber Command. The force that flew daylight missions over occupied Europe, striking at specific military targets with pinpoint accuracy. The main drawback was that enemy fighters and flak concentrations could clearly see them in daylight. The solution was massive defensive bomber formations that had to fight their way there and fight their way back. B-17 Flying Fortress 'The Mighty Eighth' recreates that era, in a Second World War simulation that gives you total control of every aspect of the strategic air war (including the opposing fighters).
You'll learn to fly the legendary B-17G 'Flying Fortress' and feel the power and grace of the massive four-engine bomber. You can also be one of the escort fighter pilots and fly the P-38 'Lightning', the P-51 'Mustang', or the P-47 'Thunderbolt.' In addition, you can take on the role of the Luftwaffe and jump into the cockpit of the German interceptors: the Bf-109, FW-190, and the jet powered Me-262!
This is the ulitmate flight crew simulation, as you become an expert at all ten B-17 crew positions allowing you to take off and land the massive bomber, shoot from all turret positions, navigate across a realistically mapped Europe, send radio messages, carry out bomb runs, release the bombs and watch them hit the target!
Contributed by William Shawn McDonie (1180) on Jul 16, 2001.