Not an American user?
DescriptionOnce again, Batman has captured and returned the Joker to Arkham Asylum. Unfortunately, the inmates have taken over and the Joker is now running the show. Play as the Caped Crusader, navigating in a 3rd person style through the grounds and collective wings of Arkham Asylum; a super-prison and rehabilitation center for Gotham's most hardened criminals.
Using a combination of stealth, detective work, and exciting combat elements, proceed toward your ultimate goal of apprehending the maniacal Joker. On the way, you'll encounter some of Batman's deadliest foes. Fortunately, you're not entirely alone, as Batman will receive assistance from the surviving guards, and information from the computer genius Oracle.
Make use of the grappling hook, Batarangs, explosive gel, zipline, electronically-assisted vision, and more. During your search, you will gain experience points from defeating opponents, finding hidden items, or accomplishing special tasks. Once you "level up" you can purchase/upgrade an ability or feature of Batman's arsenal. The game features a controllable camera viewpoint and an optional first-person view for viewing things up close.
Strewn about the grounds of the Asylum are 240 "riddles" for you to solve, courtesy of the Riddler, and a variety of achievements/trophies to unlock, depending on your gaming platform.
- "蝙蝠俠：小丑大逃亡" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Unreal Engine 3
- Batman: Arkham series
- Batman licensees
- Characters: Clowns, Mimes, and Harlequins
- DC comics licensees
- Gameplay feature: Photography
- Games for Windows Live releases
- Games made into comics
- Games with game altering copy protection
- Green Pepper releases
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Middleware: Nvidia 3D Vision
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Middleware: SpeedTree
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- PlayStation 3 Platinum Range releases
- Premium Games label
- Theme: Mental facility / Asylum
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
|Unique in many ways||Asinine (1006)|
|Fear the dark knight||NeoJ (455)|
|The Dark Knight at his very best.||Joakim Kihlman (275)|
|Atmospheric and Innovative Stealth-Action||GeoffPS (114)|
|I'm Batman||Valroman Francisco (42)|
|Impulse Gamer||Aug, 2009||10 out of 10||100|
|Gaming Nexus||Sep 22, 2009||A||100|
|GamesVault||Oct 05, 2009||10 out of 10||100|
|Gaming since 198x||Oct 06, 2009||5 out of 5||100|
|ComputerGames.ro||Oct 11, 2009||92 out of 100||92|
|Cheat Code Central||2009||4.6 out of 5||92|
|UOL Jogos||Sep 15, 2009||90|
|PC Games (Germany)||Sep 16, 2009||90 out of 100||90|
|JeuxActu||Aug 28, 2009||17 out of 20||85|
|Cheat Happens||Sep 01, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBatman: Arkham Asylum appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
BatcaveThe idea of a secondary Batcave in Arkham Asylum first appeared during the No Man's Land saga.
Batman: The Animated SeriesBatman, Joker and Harley Quinn are voiced by Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Arline Sorkin respectively, who reprise their roles from the critically acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series.
The story is written by Paul Dini who, as well as having contributed to the comics, was a writer on the series.
PlayStation HomeInserting the game into your PlayStation 3 console will unlock a PlayStation Home exclusive personal space called the Batcave Outpost Apartment. The space includes a replica of Bruce Wayne's underground lair, including famous items such as the Batsuit, Batmobile, and Batwing.
ReferencesIf Batman is killed by Bane, one of the death cut scenes shows Bane breaking his back. He also taunts Batman during battle, yelling "I will break you" and making a kneeing motion. This is a reference to the Knightfall storyline, where Bane actually broke Batman's spine.
References to Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious EarthThe game references Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth several times:
- Amadeus Arkham, the asylum's founder, is mentioned and has a bio.
- The insect motif that appears on the "Spirit of Arkham" artifacts is inspired by the book.
- In the garden, there is the statue of Saint Michell (an angel with a spear).
- There is also a reference to the gory demise of Amadeus' wife and child.
- And finally, the basic premise of the book is the same (the Joker takes over Arkham and its inmates, including several Bat-villains, run amok).
- 2009 – #6 Best Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2009 – #3 Best Trailer Cut of the Year
- 2009 - Game of the Year
- 2009 - Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2009 - Best Music & Sound
- 2009 - Best Gameplay
- Cheat Code Central
- 2009 - Best Licensed Game
- Game Developers Choice Awards
- 2010 - Best Game Design
- 2009 - Best Licensed Game
- 2009 - Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2009 - Best Line
- 2009 - Best Boss
- 2009 - Worst Boss
- 2009 - Best Atmosphere (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Atmosphere (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Use of a Creative License (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Use of a Creative License (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Sound Design (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best UK-Developed Game (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - The Atmospheric Intensity Award
- 2009 - The Bag of Tricks Award
- 2011 – #1 Top Superhero PC Game (together with Batman: Arkham City)
- 2009 - Best Action/Adventure Game
- 2009 - Biggest Surprise
- Best PC Action Game (Editors' Choice)
- Best PC Action Game (Readers' Choice)
- Best Xbox 360 Story (Editors' Choice)
- PC Award for Excellence in Sound (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Animation
- 2009 - Best Art Direction
- 2009 - Most Compelling Character (for the main antagonist The Joker)
Related Web Sites
- trophy guide @ PS3trophies.org (PS3trophies.org's trophy guide for Batman: Arkham Asylum)
- Wikipedia: Batman: Arkham Asylum (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
- X360A achievement guide for Batman: Arkham Asylum (X360A's achievement guide for Batman: Arkham Asylum.)
Sicarius (61516) added Batman: Arkham Asylum (Windows) on Sep 22, 2009
Credits (412 people)
383 developers, 29 thanks
Batman Created by:
Lee Adamson, Michael Bel Gil, Jamie Field, Lukáš Jevčák, Dušan Kerekeš, Remi Lefort, John Southgate, Karl Stjernberg, Alex Underhill, Yannis ZiakasConcept Artists: