DescriptionTake control of the modern battlefield as commander or troop in the true sequel to Battlefield 1942. Play as USA, China or MEC taking control of a large number of vehicles including jets, helicopters, boats, jeeps, APC's and even the USS Essex. As commander make use of being able to see all thats happening on the battlefield with scanners and UPV's as well as helping your army out with supply drops and wipe out masses of enemy troops with a well aimed artillery strike. Form squads and work together or go lone wolf and lead your team to victory by gaining ground and capturing flags across the map.
- "戰地風雲2" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "战地2" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "BF2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Refractor 2
- Aircraft: F-15 Eagle
- Aircraft: F-35 Lightning II
- Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: MiG-29 Fulcrum
- Aircraft: Su-25 Frogfoot
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Battlefield series
- EA Classics releases
- EA Value Games releases
- Tank: M1 Abrams
- Technology: amBX
|Look no further for excellent squad-based on-line warfare.||Doppelgamer (304)|
|GameSpy||Jun 17, 2005||100|
|Gameguru Mania||Jul 02, 2005||94 out of 100||94|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jun 22, 2005||93 out of 100||93|
|Gamer Within||Aug 02, 2005||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Game Informer Magazine||Aug, 2005||9.25 out of 10||92|
|FOK!games||Jun 23, 2005||92 out of 100||92|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 23, 2005||18 out of 20||90|
|GameDaily||Dec 14, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Jun 24, 2005||88 out of 100||88|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jul 07, 2005||17 out of 20||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesBattlefield 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Booster packsThe 1.5 patch added the booster packs Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all players.
Graphics card supportBattlefield 2 is the first game to support Nvidia's 7800GTX and the first to drop support for GeForce 4 Ti cards.
IntroThe entire intro sequence is made up of 9 people (Nathan Clay, Rory Clench, Chris Hallam, Susan Holman, John Hopkin, Chris Lacey, Barrie Tingle, Anthony Zoghob and Johan Östman) being used in different positions and all edited together.
LaddersThe AI will never climb a ladder instead opting for the option of dropping an artillery strike on your position.
References to the gameBattlefield 2 was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 06/2006.
- 2005 – Best Multiplayer Game of the Year
- Computer Games
- March 2006 - #2 PC Game of the Year in the 2005
- 2005 – #6 Game of the Year
- 2005 – #2 PC Game of the Year
- 2005 – PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2005 – Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2005 – PC Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2005 – PC Multiplayer Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2011 – #21 Top PC Game of the 2000s
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 23, 2006 - Best PC Action Game in 2005 (Readers' vote)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 04/2006 - #2 Action Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 02/2006 - Worst Slip-Up Series in 2005 (for the buggy start and bad crisis management)
Baza (1905) added Battlefield 2 (Windows) on Jun 22, 2005
Credits (407 people)
350 developers, 57 thanks
Kristoffer Bergqvist, Jamil Dawsari, Niklas Fegraeus, Linus Josephson, Patrick O'Shaughnessey, James Salt, David Sirland, Romain de Waubert de Genlis, Daniel WikstenAdditional Design: