DescriptionIn this adventure game, take Ten, the Bearer of Light, through his journey to Shambhala to confront the Bearer of Dark so that balance can be returned to the Universe. To find Shambhala, he must gather the pieces that make up the "road to Shambhala" from different locations and time periods - China, Ireland and the Yucatan.
You begin aboard a ship in the mountains of Tibet, which acts as a home base. As the pieces are found and put in place, Ten is mystically transported to exotic locations and will become different characters. Each "chapter" can be played in any order since each is self-contained with its own puzzles, objects and people.
The game features a "point and click" interface, full 3D panning, puzzles of varied difficulty, conversations with other characters, and a fully-orchestrated musical score.
- "亞特蘭提斯2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Атлантида 2" -- Russian spelling
- "Beyond Atlantis: Your Journey Awaits..." -- Tag-lined title
- "Atlantis II: Legenden fortsätter..." -- Swedish tag-lined title
- "Atlantis II: Beyond Atlantis" -- GoG.com release title
- "Atlantis II" -- European/Brazilian title
- "Atlantida 2" -- Russian title
Part of the Following Groups
|Slow gameplay, barely adequate graphics, enjoyable new age soundtrack.||Rodney Mayton (19)|
|My opinion changed from beginning to end ... from good to great.||Jeanne (76519)|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Jun 19, 2000||100|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Jun 26, 2002||80|
|Gamer's Pulse||Oct 03, 2000||63 out of 100||63|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 2000||60 out of 100||60|
|Spel för Alla||Feb, 2000||6 out of 10||60|
|PC Gaming World||Dec, 1999||60|
|Przygodoskop||Jul 03, 2003||60|
|GameSpot||Jul 18, 2000||5.6 out of 10||56|
|games xtreme||Mar 03, 2000||4.3 out of 10||43|
There are currently no topics for this game.
PackagingFor the initial CD-ROM release of this game, the European version shipped the 4 discs inside paper sleeves, while the later North American release enclosed them in a jewel case.
Related Web Sites
- Beyond Atlantis, Atlantis 2 Walkthrough (By Sunshine on Gameboomers, this guide features full screenshots and graphics for the solutions.)
- Beyond Atlantis - FAQs & Guides (on GameFAQs.com)
- Beyond Atlantis Hints (Hints to help players with the puzzles in Atlantis 2, Beyond Atlantis)
- Tricks for playing this game in Windows XP (Inferno's advice)
- Walkthrough (Complete Walkthrough posted on Just Adventure+)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Beyond Atlantis by Andrew Plotkin (December, 2000).)