Not an American user?
DescriptionOne day a meteor fell on Earth, spreading a new substance called Tiberium. This substance was unusual and powerful, yet highly dangerous since it turned anything it touched into Tiberium itself. By 2047, Tiberium has spread and infested most of the Earth's surface, causing an ecological catastrophe. Red Zones are areas rendered inhabitable due to the severe Tiberium infestation and constant Ion storms, covering 20% of the planet's surface. Yellow Zones are areas infested by Tiberium but they hold most of the world's population. These areas are filled with civil unrest and are war-torn and ravaged but cover 50% of the planet's surface. The remaining areas are Blue Zones, areas safe from Tiberium infestation and possibly the only salvation for humanity, covering 20% of the planet's surface.
The Global Defense Initiative upkeeps the Blue Zones, keeping them defended and using special technology to keep the Tiberium infestation at bay, while the Brotherhood of Nod takes advantage of the chaos and civil unrest in the Yellow Zones to recruit their forces. However, they hadn't been heard of for years, supposedly disappeared... until now. Kane returns, commanding the Brotherhood of Nod once again to launch a serious assault against the Global Defense Initiative and its Blue Zones, starting the Third Tiberium War.
Following the tradition of the series, Command & Conquer 3 is designed to be a fast-paced game, where players build up their bases to produce a powerful fighting force to destroy their enemies. Being able to play for any of the three sides, they'll have a huge selection of infantry, vehicles and aircraft to fight with, as well as structures to aid with new technologies, upgrades and the all-powerful superweapons. Unlike most games of the genre, players do all their building from a tabbed sidebar, allowing them to create production queues and deploy structures quickly and easily. Maps also have various buildings spread around which can either be garrisoned to provide further protection or captured to give players that extra edge.
In campaign mode you can fight the war for one of the games sides, playing out the storyline through various missions with high-definition FMVs and popular actors giving you orders, and winning medals based on your performance. You can also play in skirmish against the AI, or in multiplayer (network/online) against human/computer players. Online play has support for rankings, clans, VoIP, and a new feature called BattleCast, enabling players to watch or download replays from battles directly from the website, or even provide commentary like an online sport.
The Xbox 360 version is fairly identical but altered for the console's controls. The interface has been moved to the bottom left on the screen and the tabs on the right have been replaced by context-sensitive menus players can scroll through using the D-pad. Selecting and building units or constructions is done through the A-button and the triggers. The buildings show processes without having to select them. A tutorial explains the controls and advanced players can also create custom shortcuts. The Xbox 360 version supports the Xbox Live Vision camera.
- "終極動員令3：泰伯倫戰爭" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "命令与征服3: 泰伯利亚之战" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Command & Conquer 3: Wojny o Tyberium" -- Polish title
- "Command & Conquer 3: Les Guerres du Tiberium" -- French title
- "C&C3" -- Abbreviated title
- "커맨드 앤 컨커 3: 타이베리움 워" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: SAGE
- Command & Conquer games
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian series
- Console Generation Exclusives: Xbox 360
- EA Classics releases
- EA Value Games releases
- Game feature: FMV / cutscene player
- Game feature: In-game screenshot capture
- Gameplay feature: Fog of war
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into books
- Games with downloadable official map/level editors
- Games with official modding tools
- Live action cut-scenes
- Portability Engine: Cider
- Scripting language: Lua
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - Munich
- Setting: City - Sydney
- Setting: City - Washington, D.C.
- Setting: Country - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Setting: Country - Croatia
- Technology: amBX
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
|Definition of a solid RTS||Viktor Kovacs (15)|
|When C&C goes EA||Kayburt (6305)|
|ActionTrip||Apr 04, 2007||91 out of 100||91|
|Deaf Gamers||May 29, 2007||9.1 out of 10||91|
|JagoGame.com||Apr 10, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN Australia||Mar 29, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar 30, 2007||90 out of 100||90|
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr 26, 2007||88 out of 100||88|
|IGN||Mar 26, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Good Game||Jun 01, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|DarkZero||2007||8.1 out of 10||81|
|GameSpy||Mar 30, 2007||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentIn 2006, EA asked scientists at The University of Massachusetts to produce professional research documents detailing the biological and physical makeup of Tiberium to add depth to the story.
German versionThe German version of Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars contains two changes to the uncensored versions (including the German Kane Edition): The atom bomb is changed to "aurora bomb" and the assassins do not blow up themselves.
SoundsThe game contains death screams from the 1995 Command & Conquer, as well as the Wilhelm scream.
- Apple Design Award
- 2008 - Runner-up as "Best Mac OS X Leopard Game in 2008"
- GameStar (Germany)
- March 28, 2008 - "Best PC Strategy Game in 2007" (Readers' vote)
Related Web Sites
- Command and Conquer 3 Walkthrough (A full walkthrough for both the GDI and Brotherhood of Nod.)
- Third Time's the Charm (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of C&C 3: Tiberium Wars, with commentary provided by Producer Mike Verdu (September, 2007).)
- Wikipedia (The article for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars at Wikipedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Tiberium Wars.)
SupSuper (2464) added Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (Windows) on Apr 06, 2007
Credits (642 people)
390 developers, 252 thanks