Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Greenwood high school, located in a remote mountainous area, two students found themselves trapped and vulnerable. The place they once knew has changed in unsettling ways, haunted by evil creatures. To escape, they must explore the mysterious campus filled with ominous objects and puzzles. How will they survive in this ever threatening environment? Could they return to safety in one piece?
Set in a fictitious world in the 1960s Taiwan under martial law, Detention, the story-driven atmospheric horror incorporated East Asian elements rarely used in games. Taoism, Buddhism, Chinese mythology, the game draws on local Taiwanese cultural references to tell an unique and terrifying story.
In this 2D atmospheric horror side-scroller, players navigate the main characters in a classic point and click fashion to explore a high school where evil encroaches. While hiding from the rampaging monsters, you are to find items to interact with in the otherworldly rooms. And as more mysteries unveiled, the dark past of a cursed school will finally surface.
- 2D atmospheric horror with spine-chilling atmosphere.
- Immersive gameplay and puzzle solving experience
- Unique Taiwanese/Eastern cultural references.
- Original sound tracks, fusing Electronic, Lo-Fi, and Rock with traditional Asian instruments.
- Unique and appealing graphics.
- Multiple language support. (Including English, Chinese)
- Mac, Windows and Linux support
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 17 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "返校" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Adventure Gamers||Mar 13, 2017||90|
|Darkstation||Jan 25, 2017||90|
|3D Juegos||Feb 10, 2017||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Metro.co.uk||Jan 25, 2017||8 out of 10||80|
|videogamer.com||Jan 30, 2017||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Detention (official website)