antstream
Gameplay
Written by  :  Andy Voss (1875)
Written on  :  Apr 04, 2000
Rating  :  3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars

read more reviews by Andy Voss

Summary

Full-featured, but not fully entertaining.

The Good

Since this table was released by itself, rather than being added to the 5 tables in Balls Of Steel, there was undoubtedly pressure to add extra table features. So, the table is quite loaded, including 6 ramps, 2 magnetic locks, and 5, count 'em, five multiball modes. And of course, the "big ugly head". :) It continues all the good features of BoS, like video mode, start modes, and the cameo appearances. I'm also going to consider the extra difficulty these extra features give the game a "good thing".

The Bad

For a table with such a long period of development, the voice acting is pretty poor. Or, maybe I just find the characters annoying. The sound seems thrown together while everything else looks well developed. Also, I found myself able to hit certain targets repeatedly while barely touching others, whereas most of the BoS tables were more balanced.

The Bottom Line

If you liked Balls of Steel and, for some reason, grew tired of it, I'd recommend picking this one up. Otherwise, it doesn't have any greatly compelling qualities other than its price.

antstream