Advertising BlurbsSteam Store Description:
- Story Mode & Gameplay Only Modes. These modes present the ability to play the game as a visual novel and skip gameplay segments, or turn off the story and play the game solely for its levels.
- 40+ Levels of Gameplay
- 4 Different Playable Characters, each with their own style of gameplay and unique story
- Old School FPS style graphics mixed with Dungeon Crawling style gameplay
- Visual Novel-style storytelling between levels
- An estimated 20-30+ hours of gameplay, across 4 different stories estimated at 4-8 hours long each
- A mix of old school art for gameplay segments with a beautiful painted style for story segments
Devious mixes action-based, real time dungeon crawling combat with an intriguing, mature story about power, faith, and revenge.
Long ago, the world was united under the single kingdom of Nor - a grandiose regime that stretched to every corner of the land and sea. Legend says a single king ruled over the kingdom for many years, appointed by the Gods. But as the kingdom flourished, its size grew to its own detriment, and clashes between regions began to spur, and faith in the King began to wane. Fearful that he may lose his power, the King grew violent in his reign, and the people of Nor felt his wrath. But four heroes - The "Arbiters" appointed by the Gods - emerged to end the so-called Age of Blood. The soul of the king was split in four, and according to tradition each quarter of his soul spawned a nation. The Arbiters faded, but some say in times of great distress, the council of each Nation will appoint an Arbiter to take a pilgrimage, and hear the words of the Gods.
In a world on the brink of war thanks to the political and religious tensions between the four Nations, the Arbiters are summoned once more to deal with the growing international chaos; However, the Arbiter's return seems abrupt, and vastly different compared to the legend. Not only does there seem to outside forces influencing their every act, but even from the inside, they cannot decide on their true purpose.
Contributed by Rik Hideto (419900) on Jan 09, 2019.