Written by  :  piltdown_man (166033)
Written on  :  Jul 17, 2019
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Lacks polish but there's a lot in here

The Good

I've played a few sliding block puzzles lately in a bid to improve my technique - I get there in the end but I'm sure there's a strategy I should be using. Anyway, most games seem to be based on a 3x3 grid and I've been looking for something more.
This game has variable grid sizes from 3x3 to 5x5, the supplied images are suitable for work, it allows the import of more images from STEAM plus the player's own pictures! Seems like it does everything I want and it is free.

The music isn't bad either, sort of an oriental type loop that's quite pleasant and relaxing. Oh! and the puzzle background is some kind of skyscape that changes as the sun rises, sets and night takes over - that's quite relaxing too.

The Bad

For a free game it seems ungrateful to dislike anything but I did think the menus were clunky and I would have liked a gallery mode or even thumbnails so that I could preview an image before loading it.

All the images are played in a square grid which means pictures are distorted as they are stretched/squashed to fit into a square.

Four thousand, nine hundred and eighty-seven STEAM achievements! Why!

The Bottom Line

It's free, it has more features than some games I've paid for. Why would you ever need another sliding block puzzle game?