Not an American user?
DescriptionDungeon Keeper 2 is a genre-defying blend of real-time strategy, god sim, first-person action and fantasy role-playing. DK2 turns the traditional tables by placing you in the role of sinister archfiend and master of the cavernous Underworld. Build a dungeon to your own design, lay traps and doors to protect yourself, recruit an army of foul creatures and lure the heroic adventurers to their doom in your quest to reach the surface world of humankind.
- "地城守護者2" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "DK2" -- Common abbreviation
- "ผู้พิทักษ์แดนอสูร 2" -- Thai spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Dungeon Keeper series
- EA Classics releases
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Trolls
- Game feature: Possession
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Torture
|Gamezilla||Aug 06, 1999||95 out of 100||95|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Aug 31, 1999||91 out of 100||91|
|FiringSquad||Jul 09, 1999||90 out of 100||90|
|Old PC Gaming||Feb 17, 2018||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1999||90|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jul, 1999||90 out of 100||90|
|Game Over Online||Jun 27, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Joker||Jul, 1999||83 out of 100||83|
|Deaf Gamers||2000||4 out of 5||80|
|GameSpot||Jul 16, 1999||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Aug 20, 2010
Dungeon Keeper 3 trailerA game trailer for Dungeon Keeper 3 is available for viewing from the Main Menu-->Extras page. Thus far (2010), an official Dungeon Keeper 3 has yet to be released.
- Dungeon Keeper 2 can keep tabs on the system time. Play too late into the night, and the advisor will tell you (out of the blue and with no warning): "Your nocturnal presence has prompted the following secret hint: GO TO BED!"
- If the player doesn't do anything for a while, the game will say: "The very rock yawns in expectation of your next, fascinating move."
- If a dungeon attracts almost exclusively Dark Mistresses, the advisor will say: "You have an excess of Mistresses... There's a word for Keepers like you..."
German versionIn the German version the blood around corpses was removed and the torture animations were changed so that the torturing itself can't be seen.
HornyUnlike Dungeon Keeper, the Horned Demon in this game, Horny, cannot be summoned in every level where the player has the right ingredients. In Dungeon Keeper 2, Horny is a unique character who must be specially summoned, and cannot appear more than once at a time.
ReferencesWhenever the player selects a spell, an eerie voice says the spell's name in Latin. The Latin name for the Create Gold spell read by the advisor is Expressus Americanus. This is an obvious joke referring to the American Express credit cards.
PatchesBullfrog have since released multiple patches that enhances the game, including Elite Creatures, a new creature type Maiden, and many more multiplayer maps. Check the Patch History for more detail.
SecretsBuild a casino and set the bar at "generous". When one of the monsters wins the jackpot, the advisor loudly announces: "Jackpot winner!" and Disco Inferno begins playing throughout the dungeon. In addition, all monsters inside the casino will begin disco-dancing, each with their own style and moves. This little moment of evil frivolity lasts a couple of minutes.
Playstation VersionAt the end of the 1998 reveal trailer (Horny's Interview : https://youtu.be/ZVVa84gacqY), Dungeon Keeper 2 was announced to be "Soon available for PC, Playstation and TV. The Playstation version was eventually cancelled, and so was the TV version (whatever it was intended to be).
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2000 (Issue #188) – Best Voice Acting of the Year (for The Keeper)
Related Web Sites
- Dungeon Keeper 2 (Official site)
- Dungeon Keeper 2 Europe (EA Europe Dungeon Keeper 2 site)
- Keeper Klan Forum (A still active DK2 community, with many tips and solutions for technical problems. )
Tony Van (2855) added Dungeon Keeper 2 (Windows) on Dec 05, 1999
Credits (163 people)
159 developers, 4 thanks
Michael Carr, Thomas Anderson, Andrew Cakebread, Paul Carpenter, Alex Dowdeswell, David Foskett, Colin Moore, Carsten Sørensen, Mark Stacey, Matthew WhittonLibraries / Utilities: