Echelon: Wind Warriors Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising Blurbswww.meridian4.com - Publisher's website:
Wind Warriors is the sequel to Echelon. Set in the year 2351, the game allows you to assume the role of a Galactic Federation pilot named Jason "Wolf" Scott with more than 40 new missions to complete in an all-new single-player campaign.
Wind Warriors features numerous new weapons, units, and objects and also features an improved command-and-control function that allows you to call in other craft, ground units, and antiaircraft support. The multiplayer aspect of the game is also improved through the introduction of new gameplay modes, new arenas, dedicated server support, and improved chat functionality.
Contributed by jean-louis (43886) on Mar 18, 2011.
In Echelon: Wind Warriors you will discover the universe of the third millennium. This is a combat simulator involving hovering machines of the future. War is raging between the government forces of the Galactic Federation and squadrons from one of the colonies.
- Unique combination of flight simulation and action.
- Realistic and highly detailed world of the game. Various, elaborate, and vast landscapes, carefully rendered and highly detailed 3D models of combat and civilian units, on-ground buildings, industrial and other objects.
- Many colorful, yet realistic effects accompany combat, weapon fire, as well as almost every possible interaction of objects throughout the entire game.
- A broad but well-balanced range of available weapons provides the player enough freedom and flexibility for using different tactics.
- The player’s progress, as he advances through the game, upgraded equipment, as well as the appearance of new equipment with unknown functions on the part of the enemies will continually add excitement to the game play.
- Unique capabilities of the corporate mode: players can advance through single missions or entire campaigns fighting in a single flight with up to four players simultaneously.
- Carefully designed multi-user game will keep the player interested even after the completion of all missions. Special death match arenas and several versions of team and death match games.
You are a pilot in the government forces stationed at one of the planets under attack. As you get higher on your career ladder, you will be able to choose more advanced hovercrafts and ammunition, as well as to order your own squad and influence local battles.
The goal of the development of the game is to further expand our virtual universe. Based on the huge success of the first game, we are presenting you with the same world, occurring at the same time, but from the point of view of another character, whose adventures unfold according to a different storyline. At times, it will cross the storyline of the previous game, and if you have played "Echelon", you will recognize some places and characters.
Echelon: Wind Warriors is a unique game. This is not a regular space-battle simulator, nor is it a simulator of combat in enclosed labyrinths. The action is taking place above the surfaces of a planet, the picturesque landscapes of which are one of the basic features of the game play. In the realism of the implementation of the gaming environment – the cockpit of the battle hovercraft – Echelon is comparable with the best flight simulators. The game play is similar to that of the MechWarrior series, but instead of a walking robot, you pilot a fighter. Echelon: Wind Warriors has the following advantages over Echelon:
Contributed by Jeanne (76400) on Apr 01, 2009.
Im Jahre 2351 tobt der galaktische Krieg erbittert wie nie zuvor. Ganze Welten werden zwischen den Fronten zerrieben. Sie sind Major J. "Wolf" Scott. Sie kämpfen als einer der besten Piloten der Galaktischen Föderation mit fantastischen, waffenstarrenden Fluggeräten gegen abtrünnige Rebellen. In spektakulären Luftschlachen über feindlichem Territorium oder mitten in riesigen Städten entscheidet sich das Schicksal der freien Galaxie.
- Fotorealistische Grafik mit spektakulären Effekten und gigantischen Explosionen
- Extrem detaillierte Städte und Gebäude sorgen für stimmungsvolle Atmosphäre
- Riesige Reichweite: Den gesamten Kontinent zu überfliegen dauert länger als sieben Stunden
- 40 Missionen in detailliert dargestellten fremden Landschaften und Kulturen
- Mehr als 30 Fluggeräte, 100 Fahrzeuge und über 100 zusätzliche Objekte und Schiffe.
- Innovative Technik garantiert perfekte Joystick- und Maus-Unterstützung für alle Fluggeräte
- Aufwendiger Multiplayer-Bereich mit Chat, zahlreichen verschiedenen Multiplayer-Einsatzgebieten, diversen Kooperationsmodi, Deathmatch u.v.m.
Echelon: Wind Warriors ist ein atemberaubend schneller Action-Shooter mit Simulationselementen und innovativem Gameplay, der beeindruckendes Fluggefühl mit spektakulären Luftschlachten verbindet. Die packende Story und ein durchdachter Karrieremodus sorgen für die nötige Langzeitmotivation. Der Singleplayer-Modus umfasst 40 aufregende Missionen. Der Multiplayer-Modus bietet Action ohne Ende - aber haben Sie das Zeug dazu?
Contributed by Xoleras (66655) on Nov 23, 2004.
Tod den Rebellen!
Im galaktischen Krieg des Jahres 2351 schlüpfen Sie in die Rolle des Piloten Major J. "Wolf" Scott. Als Mitglied eines Elite-Einsatzkommandos müssen Sie den Rebellen mit abenteuerlichen Fluggeräten in spannenden Luftschlachten einheizen, bei denen es nicht nur ums Überleben, sondern um neue Raumschiffe geht. Die extra für dieses Spiel entwickelte 3D-Grafikengine setzt Gefechte, Explosionen, Landschaften & Co. spektakulär wie nie zuvor in Szene.
CD-ROM - 29,95* - ISBN: 3-8159-7159-X
Contributed by Xoleras (66655) on Nov 22, 2004.
- Spectacular 3D graphics allow for highly realistic environments and photo realistic landscapes, detailed building and vehicle models, and special effects such as dust, particle, and lighting effects
- Continent sized game environments feature more than 250 different types of vehicles and structures deployed on a massive scale
- Powerful command-and-control function that allows you to call in other craft, ground units (NEW!) and anti-aircraft (NEW!) for support in completing mission objectives
- Craft are equally easily joystick and mouse controllable - thanks to the innovative "Echelon-style" mouse control mode
- NEW single player campaign featuring more than 40 well-balanced missions
- NEW playable and non-playable units
- NEW types of weaponry including the deadliest plasma rockets
- NEW and elaborated system of multiplayer mode will include dedicated server support, new multiplayer arenas, chat and many more
Echelon: Wind Warriors is expanding the futuristic universe of Echelon - the "first-rate flight-combat title that set some lofty new standards for a joystick-controlled game." (PC Gamer; August, 2001).
Echelon: Wind Warriors is the next evolution in futuristic flight combat that delivers the latest technical and gameplay innovations demanded by today's experienced game playing audience without sacrificing accessibility for newcomers. Players fly a variety of futuristic aircraft through a number of new missions set on a spectacular continent that takes seven hours of real-time flying to cross.
Set in 2351, players assume the role of major Jason "Wolf" Scott - one of the best Galactic Federation pilots - and work within their flight to achieve mission objectives. This first-person action game puts the player in tension filled white-knuckle combat over lush alien landscapes and towering cities as a member of an elite fighting force.
Echelon: Wind Warriors uses a proprietary 3D graphics engine that allows for spectacular effects, such as dust and particle effects, highly realistic environments, beautiful landscapes, detailed building models, more than 30 types of friendly and enemy craft, 100 vehicles, and over 100 additional objects. In addition to several single-player campaigns, Echelon: Wind Warriors will support several multiplayer options including deathmatch and co-op modes in a variety of game types.
Contributed by Xoleras (66655) on Jul 09, 2004.